Browsing: Chicken and Dumplings Recipes

Easy Chicken and Dumplings

In one big pot, fill pot 2/3 full with water

Put 1/2 to 1 pound of chicken (if you use chicken with bones you will have to de-bone at some point), one pound of carrots (cut up or baby), 2-3 sticks celery (cut up), one large onion (quartered), 3 chicken bouillon cubes, 1/2 tsp. powdered garlic, 1/4 tsp. sage, 1/4 tsp. thyme, 1 tsp. salt.

Bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer for about 1 and 1/2 hours. Then take chicken out, (bone it if needed) break into smaller pieces, and put it back in.

Mix 2 cups Jiffy mix (or equivalent other brand or homemade mix) with 2/3 cup milk. Place tablespoon of Jiffy mix mixture on top of your boiling chicken soup. Turn heat to simmer. Cook for 10 minutes uncovered. Cook for 10 minutes covered. This is my family's favorite meal.

By Cindy

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Hi Cindy,

I tried the Chicken and Dumplings recipe tonight and my dumplings were just big blobs of dough, did I use too much for each dumpling or what?

Thanks,

Beverly

Beverly.TN@gmail.com

If you want REALLY easy dumplins - just buy flour tortillas, cut them in strips - about 1 inch or so and throw them in.

They do not stick together - they thicken up without being globby!

Easy, Tasty Dumplings

Mix together 3 eggs

1 cup flour

1 cup cottage cheese

Drop into very hot stew or soup and cook as usual

great taste and easy

Here's the even easier version my Mama made when I was a kid, and which my own kids still think of as their favorite comfort food:

Boil a whole chicken in a large pot of water. Pour the broth into a pitcher or other container and refrigerate while you cool and bone the chicken. I save the skin for treats for the dogs and the bones for making soup stock.

When the broth has cooled, skim off the fat cake on top and return broth to pot, with chicken meat. Drop in one stick of margarine, about two cups of milk (skim is fine), and season with garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.

Open two cans of refrigerator dough. Plain is best, though buttermilk and "crescent roll" also work. Pull tiny bits off (each buscuit should yield 9-10 dumplings) and drop into boiling broth. They will grow. Stir periodically. By the time you finish getting all the dumplings in, it's ready to serve. My kids love "making" the dumplings.

On the second night, just add a fresh can or two of dumplings.

Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumplings Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsFebruary 6, 2005
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Tetrazzini Recipes, Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipes
Campfire Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumpling Soup Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 7:35:21 PM on 10.0.1.54 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.