Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning an Electric Iron

I have an ironing press that is stained on the top plate. How do I clean it? It is a Singer Magic Press 4.

Eve from Australia

By

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Cleaning An Electric Iron

I have an electric iron with an ironing surface that looks 'icky'. Does anyone know how to clean it?

RE: Cleaning An Electric Iron

You can try vinegar. Soak a wash cloth/rag in white vinegar, wring out and iron over it using a warm setting first. Then if need be, turn the heat up a little. (08/06/2005)

RE: Cleaning An Electric Iron

Thanks...That sounds easy enough! (08/07/2005)

By diddid

RE: Cleaning An Electric Iron

I have some hard brown stuff on my iron. I don't remember ever burning anything. How can I clean this? (05/14/2006)

By Pat

RE: Cleaning An Electric Iron

The rag with vinegar didn't work for me. (05/14/2006)

By Pat

RE: Cleaning An Electric Iron

I would make sure that it is no longer warm, then try those magic eraser sponges, I guess just be careful to not get little pieces in the vent hole of the iron. I want to tell you that I actually found a knock off of the sponge at the dollar store. (05/15/2006)

By Kersti

RE: Cleaning An Electric Iron

Rowenta makes an Iron cleaner that is wonderful, it even takes off burned on plastic. Also, Faultless has a smaller pack look for it at Wal-mart in the Laundry or ironing supplies section. (01/23/2007)

By Greg1796