Cleaning an Electric Iron

I have an ironing press that is stained on the top plate. How do I clean it? It is a Singer Magic Press 4.

Eve from Australia

Answers

February 17, 2009 Flag

I have an electric iron with an ironing surface that looks 'icky'. Does anyone know how to clean it?

Answers:

Cleaning An Electric Iron

You can try vinegar. Soak a wash cloth/rag in white vinegar, wring out and iron over it using a warm setting first. Then if need be, turn the heat up a little. (08/06/2005)

Cleaning An Electric Iron

Thanks...That sounds easy enough! (08/07/2005)

By diddid

Cleaning An Electric Iron

I have some hard brown stuff on my iron. I don't remember ever burning anything. How can I clean this? (05/14/2006)

By Pat

Cleaning An Electric Iron

The rag with vinegar didn't work for me. (05/14/2006)

By Pat

Cleaning An Electric Iron

I would make sure that it is no longer warm, then try those magic eraser sponges, I guess just be careful to not get little pieces in the vent hole of the iron. I want to tell you that I actually found a knock off of the sponge at the dollar store. (05/15/2006)

By Kersti

Cleaning An Electric Iron

Rowenta makes an Iron cleaner that is wonderful, it even takes off burned on plastic. Also, Faultless has a smaller pack look for it at Wal-mart in the Laundry or ironing supplies section. (01/23/2007)

By Greg1796

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesFebruary 17, 2009
Cast Iron Wood Stove
Cleaning a Cast Iron Wood Stove
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Cleaning a Curling Iron
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
🎉
🎄