Removing Moisturizer Stains from Dried Clothing

I accidentally washed a new pair of capris with a small .30 oz size of Burt's Bee's hand salve. The salve has sweet almond oil, olive oil, beeswax, vitamin E, lavendin oil, and eucalyptus oil in it. The capris are 97% cotton and 3% spandex. I dried the pants in the dryer on permanent press. When I pulled them out I noticed splotches on one of the pockets where the hand salve had been; it was empty. How do I remove this stain? Thanks.

By Dianne

If you have Murphy's oil soap (hardware store), use that and really hot water, rinse well and repeat. When I worked in a factory we used the orange hand cleaner smeared on clothes and washed as soon as got home for oil spills, ink and other messes. I did same thing last week to blue jeans

Chemist told me once (like dissolves like). Luckily beeswax has low melting point so will come most of way out, but use plenty of rinse water (hot) so you do not re-deposit it back on clothes.

I would try to treat the spot with Dawn dishwasher detergent and rub it in with a tooth brush. Let air dry and launder as usual. Before you run through the dryer, let air dry again and see if the spot is still there. If so, treat with the Dawn again. I've had a tube of chapstick open up and leave spots that look like grease marks all over my clothes, and I don't notice until after I remove them from the dryer. Usually one or two treatments with the Dawn (a grease-cutter) works. I've even gone so far as to use the Dawn, followed by a good long soak (2 or 3 days) in a solution of OxyClean. Good luck!

Whenever I use a moisturizer while wearing my cotton top it leaves a stain on the neck and wrist areas. The stain only appears after the garment has been in the dryer, not after wearing it and not after washing it, only after going through the drying cycle. How do I get it out? Thank you.

By Stephanie from Lake Placid, FL

Answers:

Have you ever tried "Brakleen" It is in the automotive dept at Walmart. Just spray it on then dab it off with a cloth. Launder as usual. It will remove even oily food off of a silk tie. Try it!
(12/21/2010)

By jokat