One Pot Beef And Veggies - $10 Dinner

I don't really know how much this costs, because we grow everything in it except for the mushroom soup. I bought a bunch of that for fifty cents a can, so I'm stocked up for the year. This is a one-pot meal that you can throw in the oven and then go read a magazine or something.

In a large Dutch Oven layer the following: 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced in 1/4 inch slices; 2 cups of peeled, sliced potatoes; 2 cups of frozen peas if you have them, or any green vegetable works; 1-2 pounds of ground beef. Top with a can of cream of mushroom soup that has been thinned with 1/4 cup milk. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F until done, usually about 90 minutes.

Variation: Any cream soup will work. Or mix an envelope of onion soup with 2 cups water in place of the soup. You can also substitute other vegetables. Celery is outtasight!

By Coreen from Rupert, ID

Question: Do you brown the ground beef before putting the dish all together?

I had the same question about the meat, otherwise this sounds like a wonderful meal!

There is no need to brown the ground beef. Just crumble it over the top. Because of the long cooking time, it gets done all the way through. Thanks for asking.

You wouldnt necessarily need to brown the meat but it would taste

better I think. Plus you could drain the fat off.. although thats what makes it taste better.

Food and Recipes Recipes Cheap Meals $10 DinnersOctober 23, 2007
Oven Beef Stew With Vegetables
Oven Beef Stew Recipes
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
canning beef
Canning Beef
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap