How much do you pay for internet?

Hello Frugal Friends, I was wanting to know how much your internet service is. I use to have dial up with Netscape ($21.95) now I have DSL with Verizon which was $17.99 but now has raised to $21.99. I am thinking of switching again and would like some advice on that.

Thanks for your help,
Teresa from VA

We have dsl with Verison and pay 27 a month. 22 is a great deal around here. I would call them and tell them that you do not want the price raised and that you are willing to go to a different company for XX price. The big companies around here will buckle and extend the cheaper price for about 6 months to keep you as a customer.

Wow, $21 a month would be a deal in this part of the country. Here in rural AL I had been paying $39 a month for broadband through my cable company and I only got it lowered to $29 a month by switching my phone service over to them and "bundling" my phone, cable, and internet services together. I agree with tupperangel, call and see if they will give you a better deal. What is the worse they can say, NO? You don't have anything to lose....one thing I do know, I would NEVER go back to dial-up...way, way, way to slow for me. Worth every penny for me to stay with broadband. Hope this helps......

I have been using mybluelight.com dial up for a long time. I pay $9.95 per month.

While I'm not on DSL, I am on cable. $47 a month plus another $50 for tv. $5 each for 4 tv for digital. Another $15 for HBO.

Hello, i'm self supporting and i have to stay on dial up so i use Netscape and 10.95 a month although i have seen a disk for Netscape for 6.95 month..

We pay $34.99/month for cable internet through Charter. That may seem pricey, but we also have Viatalk phone service, which uses the cable internet, for only $14.99/month. So combined phone and internet is $50.00/month.

How lucky for all of you that have DSL. I had it when I was at my old apartments but I moved recently to a place with lots of businesses (believe it or not) and was told that none of the phone towers (for DSL) are close enough, so it was either cave in to COMCAST's unreasonable rates, or this Wireless company which is unreliable, or go back to dial up. I've gone back to dialup but would LOVE to have DSL again. When I had it, it was thru Verizon at $14.95 a month and they tried to tell me that was a slower speed but it was certainly faster than my dialup so I'd love to have that slower speed DSL again. PLEASE!

I had Aol but got fed up with paying the high price for their SLOW dial up so I canned them.well I went to several other dial ups because where we are,we can only get dial up or Dish.[at $79.95 a month.] well AOL gave me a good deal for subscribing again.

free 2 months and then.. $9.95 a month.heck I believe it's faster than it was now.!! I'm not a cheapskate but we're Retired and every penny counts so I was really happy with the lower price.their explanation was because we don't have all the extra security we had at $23,95.I have installed Symantec so I don't need their EXTRA security.

net zero hi speed for 12.95 a month

Depending on the speed you need, AT&T has DSL plans that start at $14.99 a month. But, a pretty fast one is $19.99 a month. That's the one I use.

I bundle services with my cable company. I have extended basic cable (about 70 channels), unlimited long distance calling (digital phone) and internet service and my total bill is $110 a month which includes all the taxes, etc. Internet is plenty fast enough. Bundling seems to be cheaper but I wish I could find something cheaper.

An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
Computers Internet TipsJuly 21, 2007
Swagbucks Reviews
Swagbucks Reviews
Paying Off a Loan Quickly
Paying Off a Loan Quickly
Internet Service Provider
Internet Service Provider Reviews
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens
🎉
🎄