Getting Tar out of Jeans - Categories:

StainsCleaning

Getting Tar out of Jeans

How do i get tar out of my jeans?

Violet

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

try soaking the jeans in coke it will take a while but it should come right out

Try a product called Goo Gone, which can be purchased in the household cleaners aisle at discount department stores. I used this on an article of clothing that had duct tape adhesive on it, and the Goo Gone removed the adhesive completely! I just saturated the article liberally, then let is sit for about 1/2 hour. I repeated that step a second time and then washed the item in the machine. It worked great and Goo Gone has many other uses in the home.

Lighter fluid is good at removing tar/asphalt from anything.

OMG THIS WORKS GREAT::

BUY RUBBING ALCHOL AND PUT ALL OVER WHERE THERE IS TAR... THEN TAKE ABOUT A TEASPOON OF BLEACH (STRAIGHT BLEACH) AND PUT IT ON THE STAIN... WAIT 90 MINUTES AND TAKE A VERY HOT WASHCLOTH AND IT WILL COME RIGHT OFF...

THIS WORKS EVERYTIME I DO IT... I SHOULD KNOW I DO DRIVEWAYS

This just happened to me on my capris....I used olive oil or grape seed oil works also, just pour a little bit on and gently scrape with your finger nail....then I rinsed it out with dish soap and laundered as normal....works wonders!

I just used vegetable oil on some roofing tar I got on my jeans and with just a little bit of scraping without any waiting it all came out beautifully. Thanks for the tip....

I just tried the olive oil after my shout stain remover did nothing. I was trying to get tar out of my daughter's brand new pink capris. The olive oil worked great! I had to use a tooth pick to really scrape some areas. There were still some faint brown spots, but then I used dish soap and they really lightened up. It's not perfect, but at least they are wearable again. I was about ready to throw in the towel, so I'm glad I checked this website!

TRY PUTTING SOME PEANUT BUTTER ON IT LET IT SIT FOR A WHILE THEN WASH SEPARATE AND LET AIR DRY TO MAKE SURE STAIN IS OUT IF NOT REPEAT

Thank you very much for the tip. The vegetable oil worked great on removing the roofing tar from my jeans.

The veg. oil works great! Thanks so much everyone<3

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsMay 23, 2004
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 11:49:14 PM on 10.0.0.123 in 923 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.