Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Getting Tar out of Jeans

How do i get tar out of my jeans?

Violet

By Joelle (Guest Post)06/01/2008

The veg. oil works great! Thanks so much everyone<3

By Steve (Guest Post)03/28/2008

Thank you very much for the tip. The vegetable oil worked great on removing the roofing tar from my jeans.

By (Guest Post)05/23/2007

TRY PUTTING SOME PEANUT BUTTER ON IT LET IT SIT FOR A WHILE THEN WASH SEPARATE AND LET AIR DRY TO MAKE SURE STAIN IS OUT IF NOT REPEAT

By Kim (Guest Post)05/19/2007

I just tried the olive oil after my shout stain remover did nothing. I was trying to get tar out of my daughter's brand new pink capris. The olive oil worked great! I had to use a tooth pick to really scrape some areas. There were still some faint brown spots, but then I used dish soap and they really lightened up. It's not perfect, but at least they are wearable again. I was about ready to throw in the towel, so I'm glad I checked this website!

By Kerry (Guest Post)03/12/2006

I just used vegetable oil on some roofing tar I got on my jeans and with just a little bit of scraping without any waiting it all came out beautifully. Thanks for the tip....

By Julie (Guest Post)05/25/2005

This just happened to me on my capris....I used olive oil or grape seed oil works also, just pour a little bit on and gently scrape with your finger nail....then I rinsed it out with dish soap and laundered as normal....works wonders!

By (Guest Post)03/10/2005

OMG THIS WORKS GREAT::

BUY RUBBING ALCHOL AND PUT ALL OVER WHERE THERE IS TAR... THEN TAKE ABOUT A TEASPOON OF BLEACH (STRAIGHT BLEACH) AND PUT IT ON THE STAIN... WAIT 90 MINUTES AND TAKE A VERY HOT WASHCLOTH AND IT WILL COME RIGHT OFF...

THIS WORKS EVERYTIME I DO IT... I SHOULD KNOW I DO DRIVEWAYS

By Karen (Guest Post)06/09/2004

Lighter fluid is good at removing tar/asphalt from anything.

By Tori (Guest Post)05/24/2004

Try a product called Goo Gone, which can be purchased in the household cleaners aisle at discount department stores. I used this on an article of clothing that had duct tape adhesive on it, and the Goo Gone removed the adhesive completely! I just saturated the article liberally, then let is sit for about 1/2 hour. I repeated that step a second time and then washed the item in the machine. It worked great and Goo Gone has many other uses in the home.

By jjeanie2000 (Guest Post)05/24/2004

try soaking the jeans in coke it will take a while but it should come right out