Baby Opossum

A little visitor, he must have fallen off of his mommy's back, I just took the baby boy by the tail, put him in a little box and brought him to the wildlife rehab center.
They had a lot of these little orphans there; they promised me they would release him into the wild when he was old enough.

Growing up in the country, and eating possum when I was young, I know how ugly possums really are. But that baby looks so sweet! I'm glad you were able to rescue him. Thanks for sharing and God bless you.

We found a baby opposum that has fallen into our pond. His Momma must have been climbing the tree that hangs over the pond. We brought the blowdryer outside and dried him. That's when we saw how many fleas he had. So then we put a few drops of Advantage on his back to help him with his flea problem. He had quite a story to tell his Momma when he made it home that night!

I, too, know how ugly adult possums are, but I had a similar experience with a baby possum that we found in our garage. I took him to a Wildlife Refuge. My friends all thought I was crazy, caring for such an "ugly" critter! I'm glad to see there are others out there that care for our wildlife -- especially these cute little babies!

Baby everythings are cute! That's nature's way of making sure parents are attracted enough to take care of their little ones.

We found momma possum was hit in the road by a car, and one baby survived. We picked it up and put it in a box. What I'm wondering is should we try to feed it anything? He is so adorable! I've been looking for a refuge center to take it to. Does anyone know if possums can be tamed as pets?

Opossum on Fence
Opossum Information and Photos
Photos WildlifeMarch 25, 2008
Feeding a Baby
Weaning a Baby Off Breast Milk
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄