Removing Odors from a Clothes Dryer

Category Appliances
Clothes Dryer
Occasionally something is dried in the dryer that leaves a lingering odor. This is a guide about removing odors from a clothes dryer.

How can I get an odor out of the clothes dryer?

First check the filter and the air exit to make sure it is clear and clean.Wipe interior well with disinfecting cleaning wipes.Use a damp wash cloth (hot water) sprayed with a little disinfectant and absorbed for a minute. Run in dryer a few minutes. Hope that helps some.

Someone threw varnish filled cloths into our dryer. Now our clothes come out smelling strongly of chemicals. How do we clean this out?

By cherylbonc from Chicago

Answers

Soak a wash cloth or rag in white vinegar and toss it in the dryer over night. You can even turn it onto air dry and let it run a cycle. This should get rid of the smell :)

I don't know how it happened but my drying machine just started smelling like dry cooking oil. When I smelled my clothes it made me want to throw up! Does anyone know how to remove this terrible smell? Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this will solve your problem but it's worth a try. My dryer smelled as if I had burned cheese inside. My husband took off the back of the dryer and discovered lint that the moisture of the dryer had caused to cake along the inside. This is a real fire hazard as well as a smelly problem! Hope this helps solve your problem.