Removing Lighter Fluid Smell in Dryer

My partner left a lighter in his pocket and after washing his clothes I put them in the dryer and now every time I use the dryer the clothes come out smelling of lighter fluid and it's disgusting. What can I do to get rid of the smell? I have cleaned the lint area and pulled the back off it and cleaned that out. I've given up using it due to the smell and now I am hanging the clothes out on a clothes hanger inside, but with a four year old and a 7 month old I really need my dryer and it's also winter here atm.

I am trying to avoid buying a new dryer. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get rid of the smell?

You can try a product called Nok-Out. You can get it on amazon.

Depending on how bad it is you may want to take a clean cotton rag and put a tablespoon of Dawn dish soap on the rag, squish it around, and wipe down the inside of the machine. The plain simple Dawn works best and leaves the least residue. Then take a damp rag and wipe out the soap residue. Leave the door open over night. It may take a few treatments. This usually breakes down the greasy lighter residue and removes the smell.

www.quora.com/Why-does-my-dryer-smell-like-lighter...

This has a way to try to remove the smell, but more *importantly* I think, is, those vapors/fumes from the lighter residue that you're smelling, when a dryer heat gets hot enough, it can become combustible.

well that sounds a bit dangerous as dryers, under bad circumstances, are notorious for randomly starting house fires, and a lighter is in essence an accelerant, so add the dryer heat and guess what happens?

I'm pretty scaredy cat about thigns like that so i owuld just list it on craigslist and get a new (used) one. YOu put the ad with the caveat re the lighter and be willing to let it go for cheap