Removing Candle Wax from Dishwasher

I put in some candle holders into my dishwasher and the wax melted and now all of my dishes come out with a waxy film. How can I get rid of the wax that is left over in my dishwasher?

By Edgar from Chicago, IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Perhaps try to run the dishwasher on its hottest setting (I know we have a sanitizing option) with a cup of vinegar. I also read somewhere that rubbing alcohol might help with candle buildup but I don't know if this can be used in dishwashers.

There is a product you can buy in the supermarket to clean out the gunk that builds up in your dishwasher. You have to run it on the hottest setting. Just for this purpose I will turn up the temperature on my hot water heater. Just leave yourself a reminder to turn it down again when the cycle is done. As the seal on the bottle is wax, I am sure this product would remove all other traces of wax as well.

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesNovember 22, 2009
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 25, 2016 at 5:34:18 PM on 10.0.1.169 in 320 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.