Cleaning a Crock Pot

How do you clean really scorched on food out of a slow cooker? I left a dessert recipe cooking too long and the chocolate cake is set like stone.

I got off quite a bit by filling it with water and heating/soaking it. I also did this with baking soda and with vinegar in the water.
Thanks for your help!

By sllof4 from MO

Have you tried soaking it with some baking soda water overnight? That works for me.

I have had this happen and my crock pot is white. I filled it with boiling water and bleach. I let it set for a couple of hours and it helped. I then washed it and rinsed, rinsed, rinsed, completely. I did find some liners by Reynolds Wrap that I now use for the crock pot. These are amazing and work great.

If I ever have cooked on food I use a dryer sheet. Just put the dryer sheet in the bottom & run hot water over it making sure that the water level covers the food & let it sit for an hour or so. Then just wipe the food off with the dryer sheet. Works everytime & I never scrub my cassorole dishes thanks to this little tip.

I also use the dryer sheet trick. I don't even have to use a whole one; I use half a sheet for a larger baking dishes and a quarter of a sheet for smaller dishes. Drop the sheet in and fill with hot water. (I haven't tried it, but moistened dryer sheets are also supposed to be good for getting the soap scum off of glass shower doors.)

Does the dryer sheet really work? It sounds too simple!

I keep a flat razor with a handle on my shelf in the window for crock pot, and any glass pans that have stuff stuck on them. If all else fails, use oven cleaner.

Try inexpensive denture cleaning tablets maybe get a couple from your dentist they get lots of free samples. I used to work for a dentist for 17 years and those tablets cleaned quite a bit. I used to use them to soak office coffee pot that

no one would wash though all used it.

simmering crock pot
Cleaning a Crock Pot
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJuly 22, 2010
Slower Cooker Beef Brisket
Slower Cooker Beef Brisket Recipes
Crockpot with a healthy stew cooking in it.
Diabetic Crock Pot Recipes
Vegetarian Soup
Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap