Salsa Recipe Without Cilantro

I am looking for a good salsa recipe without the use of cilantro. I love it, but my hubby does not. Are you aware of any herb or spices that can replace the cilantro that would give it an equally good taste? I do use the condiment of spices called Adobe, but it still doesn't give it the zing that cilantro does. Thanks ahead of time for any answers.

By Joes' Girl

Hi,

Here's a link to a Reader's Request for salsa recipes. There is one there with no cilantro but uses basil instead. I think that you could use parsley instead of cilantro in any of the recipes. It wouldn't add quite the zing of cilantro but wouldn't taste like it either.

- Susan

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf001010.tip.html

Hi ! Try celery, chopped very fine. This is very good and different. I make a good salsa, all ingredients in the blender. I won a local salsa fun contest with this one.

2 fresh tomatoes, or canned or both

4 - 6 jalapenos

garlic powder, not salt

lemon pepper

2 stems celery with a few leaves

onion

lemon or lime

salt to your taste

Blend in blender, blend tomato last cause you don't want it to mushy. Try your own measurements, don't overdo lemon pepper.

Enjoy.

- Ann

When I don't use cilantro, I always use parsley in its place. It looks nice and has a good flavr to it.

I would just set some aside before you add the cilantro. I do stuff like this all the time when cooking if something is not to someone else's taste. With Salsa its pretty easy cause you're just putting it all together, and letting it sit.

Homemade Salsa
Salsa Recipes Without Cilantro
Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments SalsaSeptember 5, 2001
Bowl of salsa surrounded by tomatoes.
Mild Salsa Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Fruit Salsa Recipes
Fruit Salsa Recipes
A jar of homemade salsa.
Freezing Salsa
🎉
🎄