MiscellaneousCleaning

Beaded Purse Has Yellowed

I want to use my mother's wedding purse as my something borrowed but it has yellowed. It is beaded with crystals. Any ideas?

Chloe14 from Detroit, MI

Answers

What kind of fabric/fiber is it, and what kind of beading? Is the purse in good condition, other than the yellowing?

If cotton, soaking in a solution of hot Oxyclean may get rid of the stain-- I was able to treat vintage crocheted doilies sucessfully, but it took a few tries to get all of the staining out.

If it is a bead crochet or bead knit purse, it may be either cotton or silk cord-- turn inside out before washing and/or soaking in the Oxyclean.