Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Hairspray on Bathroom Walls

I have noticed lately that on my bathroom walls from using the pump hairspray I have little hairspray drops now on my walls. Does anyone have a rememdy to take it off without removing the paint? Hope you can help.

Mandi from PA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By (Guest Post)10/04/2008

I tried shaving cream and could not believe my eyes.....It actually worked.

Thanks

By Linda (Guest Post)01/27/2008

The shaving cream really works to take hairspray marks off bathroom walls - thank you for the tip, curious how you ever came up with this quick fix.

By M. Johnson (Guest Post)09/02/2007

Do not use hairspray on painted walls, it will take the paint off.

By Janice C. [18]06/27/2007

Fantastic worked for me a few weeks ago on a bathroom mirror. I'm sure it would work on walls too.

By (Guest Post)08/24/2006

Magic Eraser is wonderful for some things but for this problem it didn't budge off of my walls.

By Ricki (Guest Post)01/31/2006

Cheap shaving cream will remove stubborn hairspray off walls, mirrors, sinks, floors, etc. Works every time. One cheap can lasts!!

By valery [13]01/31/2006

Good old rubbing alcohol works to get hairspray off walls, mirrors and the build up from hairbrushes. But for painted walls check in a hidden area first, if you rub hard it might remove the paint.

By Cate (Guest Post)01/31/2006

I have a tiny bathroom; guests using hairspray cannot avoid spraying the walls. I just use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge kept in the room...wet it, wipe...comes right off.

By karen zetzer [16]01/30/2006

Having cleaned the beauty shop that my mom used to manage, I learned very quickly that using shampoo diluted in warm water does the best. It is also the best way to clean combs and brushes with hairspray build up.