Hairspray on Bathroom Walls

I have noticed lately that on my bathroom walls from using the pump hairspray I have little hairspray drops now on my walls. Does anyone have a rememdy to take it off without removing the paint? Hope you can help.

Mandi from PA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Having cleaned the beauty shop that my mom used to manage, I learned very quickly that using shampoo diluted in warm water does the best. It is also the best way to clean combs and brushes with hairspray build up.

I have a tiny bathroom; guests using hairspray cannot avoid spraying the walls. I just use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge kept in the room...wet it, wipe...comes right off.

Good old rubbing alcohol works to get hairspray off walls, mirrors and the build up from hairbrushes. But for painted walls check in a hidden area first, if you rub hard it might remove the paint.

Cheap shaving cream will remove stubborn hairspray off walls, mirrors, sinks, floors, etc. Works every time. One cheap can lasts!!

Magic Eraser is wonderful for some things but for this problem it didn't budge off of my walls.

Fantastic worked for me a few weeks ago on a bathroom mirror. I'm sure it would work on walls too.

Do not use hairspray on painted walls, it will take the paint off.

The shaving cream really works to take hairspray marks off bathroom walls - thank you for the tip, curious how you ever came up with this quick fix.

I tried shaving cream and could not believe my eyes.....It actually worked.

Thanks

Answer

young man using hairspray in front of mirror
Cleaning Hairspray Off Bathroom Surfaces
Home and Garden Cleaning WallsJanuary 30, 2006
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
hair spray
Uses for Hairspray
Homemade Hairspray
Homemade Hairspray Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 11:11:14 AM on 10.0.1.44 in 495 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.