How Do I Remove Urine Smell From My Bathroom?

How do you get urine smell out of a clean bathroom?

By Michele from Lincoln Park, MI

Best Answer

Sometimes when you really know that your bathroom is clean, its the wax ring that seals the bottom of the toilet. Your toilet may not leak and the seal could still have a crack in it.

Best Answer

I use the product for pet urine removal from the pet store. Be sure to check under the rim in your toilet bowl. Then check under the base of the toilet. Squirt some of the pet solution under there. Urine gets trapped there. It takes a couple days to dry and for the smell to go away. You can soak up some of the solution with paper towels as it dissolves whatever is under the toilet. Then add some more and leave it to dry slowly.

Best Answer

If you have men or little boys, they miss the toilet, it runs down the side to the floor and under the toilet where washing can't be reached.

I used to take paper towels and tuck with a knife all around the floor/toilet and then sop it with distilled vinegar. Let it soak. If the pee had gone to the wood floor boards, this will also get to it.

As listed below, check the wax ring and replace. That is cheap $5 price, and then you can use a silicone seal around the bottom of the toilet on the floor. Don't do a huge amount, just a little beading. Make sure it is for the toilet so that removal in the future will not be a pain.

Best Answer

Cleaning a bathroom sometimes means removing urine odor from tile and grout. To do this in an efficient manner means getting to the root of the problem. The newest technology for cleaning bathroom tiles uses peroxide and detergents to penetrate the soiled area and deactivate the odor. Simply spray a product like PAWS - Pet Accident Washup Solution on the area, allow to sit for 10 minutes and then wipe clean. Baking soda will also neutralize the smell of urine from in between your bathroom tiles.

Make a paste of baking soda and water and clean with a toothbrush. Let site for about 30 minutes and wipe with a damp sponge. If the odor persists, repeat until the odor is gone.

On this site, someone recommended using Suave Green Apple shampoo on the tiles around the commonde to get rid of the urine smell. Never tried it, but bought a bottle anyway. You likely have urine in the tie grout. Try the soap; I may be wrong, but I've heard that sometimes bleach can 'set' a stain or smell.

Once you get rid of the smell, and you will! Seal the grout and do it twice a year after that to avoid more spillage. I do have luck with Spic N Span. But I have rough slate, not tile, however it is still grouted. I spray it on, let it set and wipe it off. I also live by, swear by, disinfectant cloths. My husband has bad aim too. I use the cloths daily for his 'mishaps'. Makes me crazy, but I do it every day. Get a plumber in and see if all of your toilet seals are intact or need replacing.

Good luck. I had the same problem in a condo I rented once, but never could figure out what was happening. But that was before Thrifty fun.

Walmart sells a product in the baby section, I don't remember the name, but it is called "Toddler_____" and has a pink label with stick figures on it, they also sell this in the pet section "Pet_________". It works great on mattresses, carpets, etc.

The suave apple shampoo idea definitely works and it smells good in there. Use an old wet sponge and put a tablespoon of shampoo on it, then go to work around the basin of the stool on the floor, helped out a lot here. boys sometimes miss and leak, lol.