Scrubbing Bubbles® Automatic Shower Cleaner Reviews

Product: Scrubbing Bubbles® Automatic Shower Cleaner

Manufacturer: Scrubbing Bubbles - S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc.

Request: Does the scrubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner work?

Judy from Brookings Oregon

I haven't used this product, but the only way I could get built up scum off our glass shower screen was to use spray-on oven cleaner. You only have to do it once, and from then on wipe it over after every shower with a towel. This works for me.

i have one and love it. i don't buy the refills. i just took the lid off and added 3 tbs liquid jetdry(for dishwashers) and filled the rest of the container with water. this works really well and is a lot cheaper

I haven't tried it either although it recieved the "deal" award on the "Is it a deal or dud?" on our local news channel. I love hte idea about the Jet Dry and Water for refills.Have you tried a Magic Eraser for soap scum in the shower?It works great!!Makes glass sparkle.

I am planning on buying one, soon. My DH always forgets to spray the shower clean (arm & hammer) then I get stuck scrubbing...and Kaboom is not all it is cracked up to be!

I got one and very pleased with it!!!

Just started refilling the refill container with different shower cleaner---this works just fine and dandy!!

I still have to clean it---but this product helps me!!! It doesn't take as long to clean the shower!!

I do recommend it!!!

BEST DEAL ALERT!!! Go to scrubbingbubbles.com for a $7 dollar off coupon; Walgreen's has it for 19.99, then you can get a $ 5 mail in rebate by sept 30. Ha, you've tried it for the whole price of $7.99! I will be buying mine this weekend!

Don't waste money on this!! It only cleans a 12" strip of shower wall, right where it sprays!

When I first heard about Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner I was really interested in something that would clean my shower and make life easier for me! I was so excited to receive one from Bzzagent to test out and spread the word to others! I think that the shower cleaner is a great product to have and use daily for small daily cleanings. I do feel that you must still clean your shower weekly or bi weekly, but this is great for daily cleanings. It is not expensive and helps you keep up the cleanliness of your shower! What could be better than that??!! It keeps your shower with a clean/fresh smell!

I bought the Starter Pack a little over two months ago and am on my third bottle of cleaner. I started with a shiny clean ceramic tile shower. I use the cleaner every time I use the shower. My shower is one of those older small ones - is only about 3.5 by 4.5 ft. Scum and mildew has been slowly but steadily building up, even in the areas that receive a direct hit from the cleaning fluid. This product DOES NOT WORK as advertised. Also this product (the cleaning fluid) is very expensive to use.

I have used this, as well as Tilex and Arm & Hammer products. The Tilex and Scrubbing Bubbles do not work at all. They actually left more of a film for me to deal with. The Scrubbing Bubbles foam cleaner dealt with the filth that the daily shower cleaner left behind very nicely, though :)

I find that the Arm & Hammer Clean Shower product works best. It is actually pretty amazing. I usually clean my tub/shower more than once a week because I like a clean bathroom. Since I have been using Clean Shower, I haven't scrubbed my tub/shower in two weeks...It is so sparkling and streak free and there is absolutely no soap scum or mildew! Amazing!

I tried refilling the bottle by unscrewing the cap and putting a cheaper cleaner in it. However, in between using the unit, the bottle had a slow drip, so my "cheaper" cleaner solution actually cost me more money. Got a solution for that?

I bought one a while ago with one of the coupon offers so I only paid about 7 dollars for it. I hate cleaning the shower so it works well for me. At least now I don't have to clean it as often. But they sucker you in because you have to buy those refills and they are expensive.

I like it a lot, I find that it is not as effective on showers that have shelves and soap holders built into them, they work best on showers that are small and all the walls are flat. Also if you have a shower head that is attached to a hose be cautious about where the hose hangs as it can get in the way of the sprayer. I also agree that you still have to clean it but not as often and it is easier to clean when you do. It also keeps your shower curtain really clean.

I just had to have my bathroom redone and I asked the contractor about this product. He told me not waste my time. His suggestion is to switch from bar soap to body wash and this will cut down on soap scum.

Why don't you do like I do when I am done with my shower I just scrub the shower while I am in there saves time and money and use what ever you have on hand.

I haven't tried it because I thought that it would only clean a strip instead of the whole interior (and another person confirmed my thought). I have had really good luck with the shower spray from the Dollar store. I have a walk in shower with glass sides and door. I keep a spray bottle and a small squeegee in the shower, and whenever I finish my shower, I spray down the surfaces and then use the rubber side of the squeegee and work my way from the top to the bottom removing the spray. By doing so, I can do a thorough cleaning about every couple weeks to clean the corner shelves and the floor. There is no build-up on my glass. It also helps if you can convince all family members to spray and squeegee, but my husband always "forgets".

Harlean from Arkansas

Hi Judy,

I love it! I push the button for two cycles every Sunday after everyone is done with their showers. I found that one push didn't keep it as clean as I would like. It keeps everything looking fantastic for me. I do however do a thorough cleaning every 4-5 weeks.

Please note that if you have a BJs Wholesale Club around, they take multiple coupons. I got a 4 pack plus a starter kit for under $12.

Enjoy!

It reduces the amount of times you have to clean your shower within a certain amount of time. If you stay busy like I do with two kids, work and school. It does help alot. If you normally scrub your shower once a week really well, you will more than likely have to do it every month to six weeks. It doesn't completely solve the problem, but it sure does help!

I bought 6 of these units 1 yr ago. Was happy for awhile. Now 5 of them won't work. My husband found water in the battery housing.

I bought 3 we were having good luck then we started having trouble with the batteries going dead after about 6 uses. Unless this can be corrected I think you are wasting your money.

I thought it was a total waste of money.

I only know a few people who have used this product. With the constant release of harmful chemicles in the air over time they suffered from: Chronic headace, insominia, reduced immune system, sinus irritations, dizzyness and MCS - Multiple Chemical Sentisitivy.

Your health is worth more than this product can offer - it should be taken off the market.

I bought one of these units and was happy with it while it worked. Then suddenly it wouldn't do anything when I pressed the button. I found that water got into the unit. It was functional again after it dried for a week or two. I bought a second unit because I thought the first one was a dud. Sure enough it got the same problem after a few months.

If it wasn't such a poor design it would be useful because it did reduce the scum buildup, mold, and mildew in my bath tub.

I have been using the Scrubbing Bubble Automatic Shower Cleaner for about 2 yrs. now in a vacation home bathroom shower. It seems to keep the shower in OK condition without much of any scrubbing except for an occasional spot cleaning of places the solution can't reach. It does really save a lot of work!

I wasted money on batteries though.

My husband and I are retired and we absolutely LOVE scrubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner.

We don't mind replacing the batteries. This product cleans our shower super clean. We never have to do anything but push the button after our shower.

Everyone should have one. I find coupons to help with the purchase of the refills.

I have used mine for over 2 yrs. and nothing else. I have white tile, and white grout, where before I always had yellowing from our hard well water. I love it! Just ran out of the bottle, and last couple days, I already have had to go in and do a quick clean. I really depend on it. No more rust either gathering in the tub area. My daughter has used hers also, and when she just moved, there was no cleaning she had to do, as the tub, and shower areas were all nicely clean, no water spotting at all.

We do use liquid soap, not bar soap, not sure why that would make a differance, but noticed someone else commented on it working better with the liquid soaps. Great product, I have never had problems with the battery getting wet, or no problems at all.

Its a great product that we use for 2 adults.

My septic system has been in trouble ever since I started using the Scrubbing Bubbles. We use it in only one shower and never run more than one cycle each day. I can find no information from SCJohnson on septic tank safety. Has anyone else had a problem?

(Submitted via email)

---------

I bought the automatic shower cleaner and really liked it until it went crazy in the middle of the night. I have only had it about 7 months and now I need to replace it. The cost of the machine is too expensive to need to replace that often. I am not sure if I will buy another one.

Judy C.

Not worth the money. I have mildew growing, even though the product is used every day. The batteries don't last long. I just put in new batteries and after beeping for the 15 seconds, nothing happened. Now i see there is a new product with a hand held power sprayer. Come on! Are we going to fall for this? I'm just going to buy the t...x product (cheaper) and pump it by hand.