Silly Putty on an Antique Oriental Rug

My son left his silly putty out, our dog got a hold of it! It is now all over my antique oriental rug! I was able to pick most of it off, but some remains and I am scared to try some of the things I have read.

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
Lennon from Seattle

could you try rubbing salt? It would stick to it and help break it down (abrasive) without harming the dye, then you could vacuum the smaller pieces?

I'm an idiot....ICE or can of compressed air turned upside down...it will freeze and you can break it off. And you can thank my DH! His mom has oriental rugs!

I had Gak on our carpet and it was hard almost plastic like. I sprayed oxiclean directly on the Gak and used HOT water in a carpet cleaner.Continuing to "go over it" for about 20 minutes until it all came loose. It turned soft and with the water it rolled up and off. Also I used a very fine toothed comb to "comb" it out.

We had silly string on a football jersey. I tried everything. Finally I was told to use WD40. It worked great! Might work for silly putty too. Good Luck!

He's a link on removing silly putty off clothes.

http://www.puttyworld.com/jan20oopisat.html

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsAugust 7, 2006
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
red putty egg
Homemade Silly Putty Recipes
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Carpet
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Upholstered Furniture
🎄