Having Two Female Shih Tzus from Same Litter

Does any know if it is okay to have two female Shih Tzus from the same litter? I read someplace that with some breeds it could be a problem. Should I get one female and one male? Or is having two females from the same litter okay? Thanks..

Marilyn from Cave Creek, AZ

The only problem I know of is that they will not bond with the people in the family as well because they will grow the bond between the 2 of them instead.

I run a small animal rescue and it is fine to have two female dogs from the same litter. I cannot say that I am breed specific on your dogs but if anything two females become very bonded when they are kept together. Female dogs are my preference over male dogs but as long as you are spaying and neutering you can pretty much choose whatever two dogs you prefer.

Thank you for your input... as for them bonding with anyone but me, not too worried about it since I live alone. The three us then should be just fine!!

Pets Dogs AdviceDecember 10, 2007
Consistently Sized Cookies
Making Consistently Sized Cookies
Baking Two Cake Flavors
Baking Two Cake Flavors in One Pan
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews