Frugal Perm

Braid your wet hair in small sections (I do this before going to bed). When I wake up, I take down the braids and have an instant perm that lasts for days. But it will wash out when you shampoo again. Remember the thicker the braid, the longer it takes to dry. So use less hair in each braid. The braids don't hurt your head when sleeping like rollers do. Everyone thinks I just stepped out of the salon.

By Trisha from Alabama

I used to do this with my little girls but I took a little pink sponge roller and rolled the braids up -- the look was really cute. They had the perm look but the ends also were curly.

I did this too, to my girls,

but I would blow dry there hair about half way, there hair is so thick it wouldn't dry over night,

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingJune 19, 2006
Woman Getting a Perm With Curls in Hair
Remedies for Hair Damaged by Perm
Curlers in brunette hair for a perm.
How To Do A Perm At Home
Perm Rollers
Saving Money on a Perm
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living