TipsFrugal Living

Angel Foods For Struggling Families

I have a large family, and food is a big part of our income. Two years ago, a friend told me about a place called Angel Food Ministries. You don't have to have any income checks or belong to any church. It is a great food program.

To find a host site and check out the menu, visit http://www.angelfoodministries.com.

The menu changes every month, there is a lot of meat, chicken and veggies. It has helped my family so much, the cost is so little for so much. I believe they have sites all over the USA. If you need more info, let me know.

By Tracy from MI

Traci, what exactly is the Angel Ministries?? I live in Michigan.

I went on the website and Ct wasn't listed. Are there any other programs that can just be as helpful? My four children eat me out of house and home. They will only eat just so much peanut butter and jelly. Thank you.

I use Angel Food for my son and his family and also if I know of anyone else that is having a tough time.

It costs 25.00 a box and the program is sponsored by a ministry in GA. It is non-denoninational, no pressure to attend the church where you drive through and pick it up, and they offer optional deals of meat for very little if you purchase a 25.00 box. No limit, no qualifying, anyone can purchase a box of food. Please go to the site for more info. I love this place!

Mara in TX.

I was part of angel food when I lived in Florida. It was a great help. Yes, the menu changes every month. They aren't in Baltimore yet. I have been trying to figure out how to have it here. Nothing comes to my brain though.

The main box is now $30..we will be picking up our first one on Sunday. Its a great idea for those of us a tight budget..even WalMart is getting too expensive for food.

There are places in parts of CT, just put in your zip code and maybe go a bit farther than 20 miles to see if there are any places. My friend lives in Plantsville and she found some.

Hi guys. I have always signed up for samples and coupons from various places to help me through the harder times. So far I'v collected several useful items. All the way from t shirts to tampons. One of my favorite sites is <http://www.reta … gsonline.com>

I know this is a little off topic but I wanted to share with the group. Every coupon, code, and sample on there is 100% free. Check it out.

Angel Foods Ministries are for everyone, and they recently changed so any food packages can be ordered, and we don't have to buy a main package first, like the Signature, Already cooked meals for Seniors, or the Allergy one, in order to buy one first and then get from the other meat and vegetable/fruit boxes. Any of us can now order whatever box(s) that we want, and how many we want to order.