Degreaser Removed Finish on Dresser

I had a household degreaser on my wood dresser. The degreaser leaked from the spray bottle and created a sticky glue like ring. I removed it with cold water, and I noticed that I removed the clear coat and maybe the stain. So now I have a really light ring around the front of my new dresser. Any suggestions?

(Its made of Swirly Wood Veneer with a Carlet Finish. I don't know what that means.)

Try rubbing in a little furniture oil and/or furniture scratch remover to see if it helps.

If not, you can always refinish the area that is discolored.

table damaged by cleaner
Fixing Wood Furniture Damaged by Household Cleaners
Home and Garden Repair FurnitureFebruary 20, 2008
Dresser Drawer
Freshening Dresser Drawers
Old Dresser
Recycling an Old Dresser
Greased Lightning
Greased Lightning Reviews
Homemade Kitchen Cabinet Degreaser Recipe, Rag in hand cleaning dark kitchen cabinet
Homemade Kitchen Degreaser Recipes