Plastic Honey Bear Paper Weights

I have several plastic honey bear shaped honey jars in different sizes. I also have 2 dark brown plastic bunny-shaped plastic bottles that syrup came in. I would like to make some bookends or paper weights out of them.

Years ago I use to make doorstops and paperweights out of the Mrs. Butterworth's syrup bottles. I had a craft book that was special just for these bottles and I made some beautiful dolls. But these were glass jars. What kind of paint could I use on the plastic jars? My regular paint doesn't seem to want to stay on, and it doesn't look good.

Also, are there other things that could be made form them? Thanking you in advance for any help.

Susan from Bremen, Georgia

I craft a lot and the best paint for plastic is acrylic. Wal-Mart sells it in the craft section. You could also decorate the bears with other things, maybe hot glue on a bow tie. Or you could make it a piggy bank. Another idea is give it as a gift for a new baby, write the baby's name and birthdate on the bear's belly with paint. It would be a cute decoration in a baby's room. I hope these ideas help.

Am thinking you could fill them with colored sand instead of painting the exterior.

Why not just fill them with plaster of paris....you could color it as you make it... follow the manufacture directions for making it...and your imagination and some food color for coloring.......and your honey bear can be either a mold...by removing the plastic when it is dry...give it a month....or a cute little paper weight with a plastic cover....if you let it dry you will have to cut the plastic off and then touch it up with sand paper.....

You could decoupage/paper mache tissue paper to the exterior, then paint that. I find tissue paper is a very good 'base product' on hard to paper mache surfaces. Then if you want to build it up, the newspaper adheres very easily to the tissue paper base.

Decoupaged Paperweights
Paperweight Craft Ideas
Crafts Recycled CraftsJanuary 20, 2006
stack of yo yo paper weights
Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
patchwork teddy bear
Making a Keepsake Teddy Bear
Pink Sewing Pattern Weight
Making Sewing Pattern Weights
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
🎉
🎄