Rules for Hull Gull Marble Game

Back in the 50's my grandfather played a marble game with me called hull gull. I need the rules for this game if anyone has them. I know you put marbles in your hand and said "hull gull". The other person said "hand full" and then the other person said "how many?" and had to guess. I don't remember what happens next.

By packlestax from Vandalia, OH

Answers

I found the answer on doubletongued.org: If guessing right, the guesser gets to keep all the marbles. If guessing wrong, the guesser owes marbles to the holder. I don't think I would have ever played that game. I'd be afraid of losing. :)

Best Answer

My mother played this game with us and her grandchildren. I have taught my grandchildren as well. We call it Hulligull. As I'm shaking marbles I say Hulligull, the guessing states handful? I ask how many? Say they guess 5 but I have 7, they then owe me 2. If they were to guess 4 they would owe me 1. It's the difference of their guess to the number being shaken. Easy, fun and what kids doesn't love marbles!

Entertainment GamesSeptember 14, 2009
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
A marble spa tub and floor in a beautiful bathroom.
Cleaning a Marble Floor
Family playing games.
Posting House Rules
Closeup of pink marble slab.
Removing Stains from Marble
🎄