Put Old Clothes in Bottom of Garbage Can

I have started placing my old t-shirts, night shirts, and any other cotton clothing that is no longer fit to wear on top of my dryer to place in the bottom of the kitchen garbage can. My laundry equipment is in the corner of the kitchen so it is convenient. When I change out the bag I just roll up the old shirt or whatever and place it in the bottom. It will soak up some of the moisture in the trash. One more use out of otherwise unusable items.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

This concerns me, because many people today need your old clothes. You can be a real blessing to someone who can't quite make it today. Donating to a mission, shelter, treatment center, or even thrift store can make a world of difference in someone's life. I've seen people outfit themselves nicely out of other people's trash cans. That is really a shame, I think. Just a concern, because I've been there.

I agree with Tamaram. We recycle everything. The best stuff goes to the charity shops, the rest to collection points for recycling. It can all be used for something.

In my defense. I am talking about things that are not fit to wear., full of holes and stains. I bought some night shirts with sleeves that were too tight and I slashed the underarms and wore them for several years. These are not fit to give away. My "wearables" go to Goodwill.