Browsing: Uses for Leftover Biscuits

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

Often times a batch of biscuits may be more than your family can eat at one meal. Save the leftovers and use them in a new dish tomorrow. This is a guide about uses for leftover biscuits.

Leftover Biscuits
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 9, 2010 Flag

What can I do with leftover biscuits? I am on a budget.

By LeeAnn from Hampshire, TN

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Use leftover biscuits for tarts, crumble and add coconut or date filling.

Crumble and use for apple, pineapple, or banana pie crust.

Layer in fruit or custard and jelly trifle.

Great for puddings.

Sandwich with strawberry jam and place in oven till jam melts and remove and cool.

Layer on a greased casserole and pour custard over and put another layer of biscuit and place in oven till biscuits brown a little and remove and cut according to the shape of the biscuits and cool and serve.

Best Answer

Here is a simple meal to make use of your biscuits:

1 lbs ground beef, browned with 1 small onion chopped up, stir in 1/4 cup bb que sauce & 1/4 cup catsup. Place in a baking dish, spread out and place busicuits on top in a single layer to cover meat.

Add shredded cheese and bake for 20 minutes at about 325.

Best Answer

I make some scambled eggs in a chicken or beef flavored gravy and warm the biscuits back up in the micro and put the eggs and gravy over them. Something cheap and easy the next morning for breakfast.

Best Answer

Cut in half sandwich slice style and use instead of shortcake for strawberries and whipping cream or, my preferred, raspberries and whipping cream ;-)

Speaking of sandwich style, why not make regular mini sandwiches with them?

Read More Answers...

July 19, 2013 Flag

What can I do with left over biscuits?

By Matt

You can take a can of chicken, a can of peas and carrots and a can of creamed soup any kind and heat them up and pour over the biscuits. Only seasoning you will need will be black pepper. Or if you like sloppy joes (slush burgers), pour that over them. Or if you have left over gravy, and veggies and meat and pour over them. You have now made an easy pot pie using leftovers.

Freeze them. If you want a biscuit, take one out and put it in the microwave on high for 20 seconds or so. You can heat a pan of frozen biscuits by putting them in a cold oven, set oven temperature at 450 degrees and bake them for 10 minutes. They taste like fresh baked biscuits.

We like to cut them in half, butter the halves and toast them. This is great with bacon and eggs for breakfast.

April 9, 2010 Flag

What can I make with leftover biscuits?

By Cgkoceja from Virginia Beach, VA

Answers:

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

Even people who don't like bread pudding, like this.

Bread Pudding

• 6 slices bread or 6 biscuits, torn in pieces
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 C. sugar
  • 1 C. milk
  • 1 can Eagle Brand milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 C. raisins (optional)
  • 1/4 C. chopped walnuts
  • drizzle icing (below)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan. Put bread in pan, stir in raisins, and sprinkle nuts on top. Stir eggs into Eagle Brand, add remaining ingredients and pour over bread, pushing bread under the liquid. When finished, try to be sure no raisins show on top, as browned raisins aren't as good as those that aren't browned.
Place 2 C. water in a 9 X 13" pan. Set the loaf pan in the water and bake 45 min.

Drizzle Icing

While bread pudding is still hot, drizzle on icing made with a little powdered sugar, 1/8 teaspoon vanilla, and enough milk to make a drizzle consistency. (04/20/2009)

By Anonymous

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

Pour sausage gravy over warmed up biscuits. They also taste fresh after putting on a saucer and covering with a damp paper towel and put in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
(04/20/2009)

By Lorelei

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

You can run the biscuits under warm water for a split second and put them in the oven and they are just as good as when they were first made. (If they are homemade biscuits.) (04/22/2009)

By Bama_Jypsy1

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

They make great additions to turkey stuffing. I always put different kinds of bread in mine, and with the apple and sausage I put in, biscuits make a nice addition. (04/22/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

Split biscuits open, spread with butter on both halves and heat butter-side down in a skillet (in which you have cooked bacon and drained the drippings). The biscuits will pick up the bacon flavor and serve as a wonderful base for scrambled eggs. (05/02/2009)

By Linda B. from MS

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

I break one up for tossing in a bowl of soup. (05/04/2009)

By takelababy

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

I like to use left over biscuits to make strawberry shortcake. Clean and mash strawberries and add sugar, then place over biscuits and add Cool Whip or ice cream on top. One of our favorite desserts. (06/08/2009)

By marjordan

April 20, 2009 Flag

Any uses for leftover biscuits? Refrigerator, KFC, homemade, etc., ground up and used in recipes? They can't be identified as leftover biscuits when I use them or the family will never touch it.

CammoMOM from California

Answers:

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

Freeze the biscuits for later use. When you are making meat loaf, take and soak them in a little milk and add to the loaf. Wonderful. (01/24/2008)

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

Try Tiffin - it's a traditional Scottish recipe I think. There are loads of different recipes if you Google it; all of them are delicious! (01/24/2008)

By Wendy

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

Use them in bread pudding if they will eat it. Cube and add to Stove Top Stuffing if they eat stuffing.
Cube and brown in butter with some parsley to make croutons. (01/24/2008)

By Jean

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

How about bread pudding? Try the following site: "about.com southern food". Put "bread pudding" in the search. You'll get lots of recipes. Also try the Pillsbury web site. They make so many things out of biscuits. (01/24/2008)

By perfume and powder

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

Save them in the freezer, along with any other stale bread (cornbread too, if you make it). When the stash gets built up make dressing. I don't use a recipe but just crumble all my bread, saute some onion and celery, both chopped pretty fine, stir into the bread mix along with sage, salt and pepper, to your liking. Moisten this mixture with chicken broth until it is quite moist, then beat a couple of eggs until the whites and yolks are well mixed and stir them into the bread mixture. Put into a greased casserole and bake, 350 degrees for about 45 minutes until pretty much browned on top. This goes well with most meats, but is especially good with baked chicken. (01/25/2008)

By jsham

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

I look forward to leftover biscuits--if there ever are any! My greatest joy is to slice them in half, put a small pat of butter on each cut half, put them in the toaster oven or under the broiler, toast until brown at the edges, and enjoy! My mother used to make tiny, bite-sized ones; those were scrumptious fixed that way. They can even be a bit stale--the toasting hides that. Cay from FL (01/26/2008)

By Exasperated

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

When we have biscuits, I use the leftover ones throughout the week for breakfast in a hurry. If I make biscuits or know I'll have leftovers, I usually cook up a package of sausage. I fix sausage and cheese biscuits and wrap them in clear wrap individually.

All you have to do is pop one in the microwave for about 30 seconds. These are great for when you have time to get the kids ready, but not yourself and you can eat breakfast on the go. The kids love them, too. They will last about 6-7 days in the fridge, if you don't eat them first. Sometimes, I just cook up a batch or two anyway if I know the week might be hectic. Hope this helps! (01/27/2008)

By Beth from Warren, AR

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

I see no one mentioned dumplings. (01/27/2008)

By melody_yesterday

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

Your family sounds very picky! I just say you have two choices for this meal, "take it or leave it"! If they are hungry enough, they will eat it! There is nothing wrong with leftover biscuits. My husband toasts them in the toaster oven and puts butter, cinnamon, and sugar on them. Maybe if they tried the leftover anything just once, they just might like it. Now that my son is older and on this own, he finds his tastes are extremely different than when he was at home! (01/28/2008)

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

I use leftover breads for stuffing/dressing too. Or, I dry them and make bread crumbs to use in coatings, meatloaves, meatballs, buttered for casserole toppings, etc. The Internet has recipes for breadcrumb cookies.

My son loves biscuits with sausage gravy (Southern favorite). Brown and crumble some sausage. Make a white sauce (recipe on cornstarch box) and add the sausage, heat. Pour some over split biscuits and enjoy. I make biscuits and keep them in the freezer just for this dish. (01/28/2008)

By susanmajp

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

I love to use leftover biscuits for sandwich bread. They taste great with salami and Colby cheese, or tuna with mayo, or my favorite shredded chicken deli meat (Boar's Head Brand is the best) with a little mayo or mustard. (01/29/2008)

By Aeowyn

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

I tried this recipe with leftover biscuits I made. I slice them in half, fry in cooking oil till light brown on each side, drain on paper towel then put powder sugar and cinnamon on them. Or, I warm them in the microwave, put butter on them, very good for snacks or any time. (11/28/2008)

By kffrmw88

Uses for Leftover Biscuits

When I make biscuits, I bake a big pan full so I will have plenty left over. I put the left overs in a large zip lock bag and freeze them. Next time I want biscuits, I place the frozen biscuits on a pan and put it in a cold oven, set the temperature control at 450 degrees and heat for 10 minutes. They come out just like fresh baked. (01/11/2009)

Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversMay 7, 2013
Buttermilk Biscuits
Buttermilk Biscuits Recipes
Biscuits made from scratch.
Making Biscuits From Scratch
Onion Cheese Biscuits
Onion Cheese Biscuits Recipes
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:15:59 AM on 10.0.0.69 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.