Mosquito Repellent Recipes

Does anyone know of a mosquito repellent that consists of beer, Listerine and Epsom salt?

By Maria from San Antonio, TX

You wouldn't really spray yourself with something that left you smelling like Listerine and beer, would you? Homemade remedies are not very effective. If you don't want to use a product containing Deet (which does work) on your skin, wear long sleeves and long pants. Off has a lamp and the coils which work pretty well, as does the Thermocell.

That sounds like a Jerry Baker concoction! It's probably in one of his books, which you might find at the public library. I'm sure you meant a mosquito repellent for the house or patio, not for your skin. For your skin, some people say Avon's Skin-So-Soft works. I don't like the scent, so I use their spray with the Picaridin in it. There's also good old-fashioned citronella oil. This summer I put a lavender scented body splash on before I went to a barbecue, and all the bugs let me alone, even though they bothered people sitting right near me!

louel53 has obviously never tried a home remedy, and he can pollute his body with harmful chemicals like Deet all he wants, but I use essential oils to repel ticks and mosquitos. Lemon euculyptus, lemongrass, and geranium in a carier oil works great. deet doesn't even work well. It has to cover every part of your skin. A mosquito will bite right next to skin covered in Deet!

I have used this for a while and it works. Use a dryer sheet and rub it on parts that are not covered with clothes. Not only do you keep the bugs off you, you smell good too.

Or you can make your own repellant with ingredients you probably already have at home.

Mix 1/3 each of Epsom salt, mouthwash, and beer, and put it in a spray bottle.

Another option is to puree garlic and mix in a spray bottle with water.

The mouthwash and beer concoction worked best for our tester.

yes use 1/3 rd of each mix it an spray it around you'll be amazed how the bugs stay away...works good

gt

Yes ! 1Big blue bottle of cheap mouth wash ,3 cans of stale beer and 3cups epsom salt and mix !! Pour in spray bottle and apply to yard ur garden ur porch or deck !!!

1 large bottle of blue Listerine

3 Cups Epsom salt

36 ounces of stale cheap beer

Mix until salt is dissolved put in sprayer and spray where the mosquitoes are

Says will last up to 80 days

Just made a large jug of spray. 1large bottle of blue mouthwash, 3 cups Epsom Salts, 3 cans beer. Mix well pour into spray bottle. Spray everywhere

Mosquito on someone's hand.
Mosquito Repellent Recipes
Home and Garden Pest Control MosquitoesOctober 14, 2010
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Apple cider vinegar, lemongrass, lemons for natural mosquito repellant
Natural Mosquito Repellent Recipes
Close-up of mosquito on human skin
Sulfur Mosquito Repellent
🎉
🎄