Hide Your Child's Easter Basket

I had forgotten this until I read an article on another site. We use to hide our children's Easter Baskets and they would have to hunt for them. Being 5 children, if they found someone else's, they were not allowed to say that. They had to leave it where it was.

One year, our youngest child's basket was hidden in the fireplace (of course the fireplace was clean) and she was the last one to find hers. She was getting pretty jumpy, thinking the Easter Bunny didn't leave her anything until we began playing hot and cold with her. It was so funny to see her retrieve her basket from the fireplace.

Oh those wonderful memories of times gone by. They just last a lifetime. So try it; you may find you will have some wonderful memories later on when they become older.

By Gem from VA

We do this too....it is fun. I have also heard of friends doing their egg hunt the night before and letting the kids hunt eggs in the dark with flashlights.

We used to do that too. You are right it was lots of fun watching them look for their baskets. When they found them it was just joy of accomplisment.

THe Easter bunny has always hidden the baskets at our house. In fact, our college age daughter had her room-mate hide her basket because she wasn't able to get home for Easter! And then complained because the hiding place was lame! LOL

Hello,

We used to use talcum powder and put bunny prints in the carpet in their bedroom (easy to vacuum later) the prints led them to their baskets and of course a half eaten carrot was on a plate near by. My daughters are now married with children and do the same for their children. My youngest daughter age 39 complains that she doesn't get a basket from Mom & Dad anymore. We just laugh and tell her she needs therapy. lol

This is something I sadly missed out on at Easter. In fact, I had never heard of it until my boys were old enough to understand the Easter bunny, Santa, etc. My husbands family did this. And we do it for our children, along with hiding eggs. Love the powder footprints! We may have to try that this year, seeing as how they're 8 & may not have a chance next year... So sad:( Thanks for sharing!

Aw, this brought back memories ~ as a kid my parents always hid our baskets and my husband and I in turn hid our girls baskets when they were little. Since we knew where they were hid we always had the camera ready for some priceless pictures of finding their basket. My girls aren't married yet but I am sure when they have kids they will continue the tradition.

We would go to my daughter's for Easter and the fun began with dyeing Easter eggs the night before. Then we started hiding their baskets and put clues in the plastic eggs. They had to follow the clues to find their baskets. The eggs were numbered so they had to follow them in sequence. They had a blast looking for their baskets and look forward to it every year now.

Decorated Easter Eggs in Grass
Easter Egg Hunt Ideas
Holidays and Parties Easter Easter BasketsApril 20, 2011
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Peeps Easter Basket
Peeps Easter Basket
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye
🎉
🎄