My mother used to buy La Choy brown gravy all the time and use it to make Chinese chicken wings. Then all of a sudden it was gone. I would love to be able to find it again.
Unfortunately, it has been discontinued. :(
Hope this helps.
La Choy Brown Gravy Sauce
* 1/2 cup light or dark corn syrup
* 1 teaspoon La Choy Soy Sauce
Combine the two ingredients.
* 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
* 1 pound pork cubes
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* Dash ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 2 cups diced celery
* 1 1/2 cups boiling water
* 2 cups bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
* 1 can (2 ounces) mushrooms, drained
* Hot cooked rice or chow mein noodles
For the sauce:
* 2 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon Brown Gravy Sauce (recipe above)
* 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the pork until light brown. Add the onion, pepper, salt, celery and boiling water. Bring to a boil; cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the meat is tender. Add the bean sprouts and mushrooms.
Combine the sauce ingredients, add to the hot mixture and stir until thickened. Serve over rice or chow mein noodles.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!