Making Lasagna Affordable

I use coupons and sales to get all the ingredients for lasagna. Many times you can find big sales and use a dollar off coupon for sauces, and cheeses. I also get ground beef on sale and precook it on the weekends. Cooking this up on the weekend helps me save on heating my house on the weekend, and I pack it for my husband's lunches throughout the week and he saves on buying lunch.

By Bethany from SC

Hi Bethany,

Lasagna is definately not cheap to make, coupons and sales are a great idea for ingredients. I often buy cottage cheese when its reduced too, check to see its not bad, then pop it in the freezer until bake day. My little 'cheat" because cheese is SO expensive, is making a basic white sauce, melt marg, add flour, whisk, add milk and repeat until you have a good amout of white sauce in your little pot. then add a couple of good dollops of cheese whiz, taste and see if it tastes kind of cheesy! i always add pepper and salt too, and i use this cheat sauce between all my layers of lasagna and regular cheese on the top only. We also put out a small bowl of grated cheese on the table so it seems you're getting extra cheese, Its much cheaper to make lasagna this way. You can add frozen zucchini to the tomato sauce too if you have any in your freezer it stretches your sauce further. We make our cheese sauce for vegetables the same way, frugal is good LOL

blessings, nallorey

A photo of deliscous lasanga.
Lasagna Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cheap MealsNovember 7, 2008
Various Types of Noodles
Alternatives to Lasagna Noodles
Lasagna Soup
Lasagna Soup Recipes
Crockpot Lasagna
Crockpot Lasagna Recipes
White Lasagna
White Lasagna Recipes
🎉
🎄