Oreo (American Shorthair Cat)

Oreo is a 9 year old American Shorthaired cat. I fostered him in September 14, 2001 with his mother and 2 brothers and a sister, I adopted Oreo in February 14, 2002.

He likes to chase bugs, look out the windows, run and jump, vocal complain about nothing, talks to me, tells me no or now, loves to cuddle against me, sleep on my chair top, sleeps in my bed by my pillows or the foot of the bed, can sing or tries to, loves country, classical music, loves to greet family members at the door, chases angel orbs on my walls, loves playing with his toys, sits by my computer and purrs until I pick him up, loves to tease me chases my feet as I walk, purrs a lot when he is happy, cries when he wants something, yells at me.

By Kelly

Aww, he's so cute, and sounds like a real charmer, too. I had a cat that looked like him. Oreo is a cute name for a tuxedo kitty!

What a Sweetie! Although my Rachel is dark gray and not black like Oreo their markings look a lot alike so, of course, there's a thumbs up for Oreo. ;-)

A very handsome kitty. I really enjoy hearing how much interaction goes on between cats, dogs and their humans. Some are just amazing.

Thank you for sharing Oreo with us.

June 13, 2011 Flag

Oreo is a 10 year old American Shorthair. I adopted Oreo back in 2001 from Cleveland, Ohio APL. He loves to run, climb, jump, meow loudly, and catch his bird (noise maker). If I throw it towards him, he brings it back to me.

I fostered Oreo and his mother with 3 other kittens. I did this for 1 year before deciding which kitten I would like to adopt. I picked Oreo because he was more active then the 3 other kittens. Oreo is a biter, and I couldn't let them take him back, because of this situation. If someone else had adopted him, he might have been put to sleep.

Oreo also loves his harness and leash that I let him walk around with outside. He is such a lap cat now. Doesn't play much anymore like he used to, loves to sit by the window or lay on my chest and fall asleep.

By Kelly from Medina, OH

A black and white cat in front of a computer.

Cute name for a black and white Tuxedo kitty. Bless you for keeping him once you knew he might not be accepted with his biting habit. Sounds like he's turned out to be a really nice companion.

Thank you for sharing Oreo with us.

American Shorthair
American Shorthair Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets CatsOctober 8, 2010
Exotic Shorthair Kitten
Exotic Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
Oreo Cookie Cake
Recipes Using Oreo Cookies
American Girl Doll With White Hat, Braids and Sweater
Saving Money on an American Girl Doll