Preventing Rust Rings

To stop rust rings from metal containers in bath or kitchen like hair spray, cleansers, etc., coat the bottom with old nail polish.

I use the plastic lids from things like oatmeal containers, bread crumbs, etc on my bathtub ledge for my shaving cream cans or whatever else I need. It is hidden behind the shower curtain so it can't be seen. When the rust sticks to the plastic lid, I throw it in my recyclable can and use a new one.

LI Roe

I've tried ideas similar to Claudia's and LI Roe's ideas but I can't get the males in my house to put the stupid things back in the spot! Sort of goes along with the trait of dropping dirty laundry right beside the hamper instead of IN it! Just might do this polish thing!!