Exercises for Confined Quarters

I travel with my husband frequently in an 18 wheeler. It is quite confined quarters and I was wondering if anyone knows of exercises that I can do. I am trying to slim down the waistline, stomach, hips, buttocks and thighs. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Aquarius from Ontario Canada

For 20.00 or less you can buy a peddle bike. It has only the peddles on a stand. It is meant to be used when you are sitting down. Avon sold them a couple of months ago. I have one and it is great. It is smalll enough to fit any where and it does the trick.

Try one of the stretch bands. They roll up small so they don't take up much space. They are sold in most stores in the sporting goods section.

You can stretch it between your hands to create resistance. Pull hands apart several times. This works similar to lifting weights.

Standing, place one end under your foot and the other in your hand. Place elbow at side and lift hand from waist to shoulder.

While sitting, bring your leg to your chest, place the band across the sole of your foot. Now extend leg using the band as resistance. Repeat several times on each leg.

That's all the exercises I can think of right now. Perhaps the band will include instructions with photographs.

Here is a Super Site for exercises, recipes, message boards ect...

www.SparkPeople.com

Those are a couple of great ideas, Thanks. Only one problem Shakespear, in Canada Avon does not sell the same products. I checked with my rep and she said we dont have them here.(it sounds perfect though) If anyone knows where I can get peddles on a stand here in Canada, please let me know. you can email me at Lmm3880 @ hotmail . com

Aquarius

Have you ever heard of Oxycise? It is breathing excerises that really work! You could purchase the video and get used to it at home--there are special techniques involved but once you learn them, you can do them anywhere. The video is about $40. You can get it at www.Oxycise.com. Several years ago, I bought the video (I had seen it advertised on tv) and I lost 30 lbs. with it. Of course I had to watch the food intake too. What is life like on the road? My husband has 30 years in and is thinking of retiring and doing the truck driving thing. He wanted me to get my CDL too but I don't think that's for me. Anyway, good luck!!!

I would suggest Pilates. You don't need any equipment especially when first starting out and it works everything!

Get a video to get you started before going and once you've done them often enough you'll remember them!

Good luck and have fun

Hi , I drove truck cross-country for six years and know how quickly

truck stop food can sneak up on you &

change your body from what you consider decent into a nightmare to look at.

What worked for me is so simple & didn't cost a bunch of money either !

A jumprope < smile.> Promise if you regularly use it

you'll start to see results & feel better within two weeks to month.

Good luck

I asked my dad about this....he drove truck for 30+ years!! He walked around alot----did laps around the truckstops and whenever he could!! Its amazing what walking can do. But, it doesn't happen overnight!!

I would also recommed doing some stretches before doing anything.

And just try eating heathier while on the road---such a challenge, but it can be done----just make healthier choices!!

try chair crunches do same on floor but only a chair .

push ups off something like a counter top

Something I thought about......I know you may not stay in hotel/motels, but you can still sometimes use their pools and gyms---it may be for a small fee, but you can get different workouts that way. Just ask the hotel manager if you can use the pool/gym even if you won't be staying there. Its worth a try!!! We have a campground in our area and they let those who stay there use the Holiday Inn that is in town for the gym and pool. And they get a discount at our local Y when they use that and stay at the campground.

Try a google search for 'pedal exerciser'. I see that Target has something:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm ... amp;frombrowse=1&asin=B0000C0XOC

Health & Beauty Fitness ExerciseJune 11, 2006
braised chicken thighs
Recipes Using Chicken Thighs
Louisiana state quarter
Collecting State Quarters
A couple looking at framed artwork in their apartment.
Decorating an Apartment
Suitcase Dog Bed
Making a Suitcase Dog Bed
🎉
🎄