Buying Small Jars and Bottles - Categories:

Product FinderConsumer Advice

Buying Small Jars and Bottles

Hello, ThriftyFun members. I hope someone can help me with this. I make my own skincare products and would like to give these as Christmas presents to family and friends. Would anyone know of a supplier of pretty little jars and bottles to put these in? It needs to be a supplier who would sell them in small quantity. Hope someone can help me. Many thanks.

By h.arnott from UK

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I don't know how economical it'd be to get shipping to the UK, but I've ordered supplies from Majestic Mountain Sage before. Here is a link to their containers page (click on the kind of containers you're interested in):

http://www.thesage.com/catalog/Containers.html

Their site isn't very fancy, but I've always been pleased with their products and customer service. Best of luck!

Hi. Have you tried a dollar tree? They say that you can buy in bulk. Kind regards, Crystal

Oh. What type of beauty supplies do you make?

Try Ebay. I've purchased small bottles reasonably. Good luck

I do not know how much this may help but if you have some empty pretty candle jars with the lid wash those thoroughly. These cute little jars can be used for so many things. carla

March 28, 2012 Flag

I am making homemade handcream. I need to find 1-2oz bottles or jars to be used as a Mother's Day gift for my students. I would appreciate someone helping me to solve my dilemma. I went to Dollar Tree, Dollar General, and Michael's already with no success. I do have 22 students, please give me ideas at an economical price.

By Joyce DMG

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I belong to a craft club and was organizing all the doll eyes we have. I went to CVS and Walgreens and asked for pill bottles. Safeway gave me the most.

I forgot to say they were free, except for CVS, they charged a dollar.

The baby food jars are the best deal I think. You can go onto facebook or craigslist and ask people for them. You might also contact a few day care centers and ask them if you can come and pick them up. Good luck, what lucky moms come next month!

I get small containers of all sizes as well as tons of other useful? items from www.sciplus.com

It is an amazing site. Have fun looking.

Read More Answers...

November 3, 2009 Flag

I love making homemade skin care products. I would like to know where I could buy online, some pretty little jars and bottles for gifts to give to friends?

By h.arnott from Manchester, UK

Answers:

Buying Small Jars and Bottles

Try`jbconline`. They seem to have jars in all shapes and sizes in the UK. Hope this helps. (08/18/2009)

By kffrmw88

Buying Small Jars and Bottles

Hi kffrmw88. Many thanks for your reply, I will let you know how I go on. (08/18/2009)

By h.arnott

Buying Small Jars and Bottles

I have so many cute little bottles. I save all kinds of bottles that things I've bought come in. One from Carmex, one a little bigger that had something to soften rough heels. There are a lot of makeups that come in little jars. After using the contents I just wash them, soak off the labels. The lids can be painted with craft paint. (08/20/2009)

By TXBetty

Buying Small Jars and Bottles

Do you have a local "freecycle"? Maybe you could post asking for empty baby jars and then could decorate them yourself, or if you know of someone with a baby that could maybe save them up for you? (08/20/2009)

By minnabird

Buying Small Jars and Bottles

My thought, too, was Freecycle. You're in the UK, so I don't know exactly what you have, but try recycling centers or thrift stores that have community support behind them. If you can, put up a notice that you are in need of small jars without baked-on labels. I used to collect small wine bottles, not because I know what I'd do with them, but because it seemed a shame to toss them. I figured vinegars or dressings for gifts if I ever got around to it. Then on Freecycle someone wanted small bottles for an Alice in Wonderland party for a child...and I had 18. People save, even though they don't know why, sometimes. Good Luck. (08/20/2009)

By tennesue

Buying Small Jars and Bottles

Do you have Walmart? if you do, or something equivalent to, check their craft section. (08/20/2009)

By micksgirl

Buying Small Jars and Bottles

Many thanks for all the replies you posted for my request. You are wonderful. Will let you know how I go on. (08/21/2009)

By h.arnott

Consumer Advice Product FinderNovember 3, 2009
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
opening a pickle jar
Opening Jars and Bottles
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 9:47:52 AM on 10.0.2.72 in 982 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.