Removing Nicotine Stains on the Exterior of a Refrigerator

Can any one tell me how to remove nicotine stains from the exterior of a refrigerator/freezer? What products can I purchase for the job? Please.

By Patricia from England

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I don't have any proof, but I'm a big believer in 409.

I have used it on plastic kitchen cabinets and you wouldn't believe what came off of them.

Good luck!

Try magic erasers. I buy mine at Dollar General, they are very good at removing a lot of tough grime and stains. They remove my husbands "mechanic grease" from our ref door, so the nicotine should come off fairly easy. Good luck.

The best overall cleaning product I've found is purchased at Home Depot (maybe other places also). Sorry I cannot remember the whole name (I've run out so can't look at the gallon container) but it's a product made by Zep. It is a degreaser and is a purple liquid. It is very concentrated so I put maybe 3-4 tablespoons in a spray bottle and fill the rest with water. I have used this on my fridge to remove smoke stains and had wonderful results.

Just be sure to clean from the bottom up, no streaks that way. Although a gallon seems like a lot, if you dilute it, it will last a year or so and it cleans anything, inside and out. Good luck!

409! We both smoke and have a wood stove, haven't found anything better!

I use a paste of Softscrub and OxyClean. Mix it up in a bowl about 3:1 and let it sit while the OxyClean dissolves. I use one of those Micro Cleaning Cloths - seems to work best. Scrub it in, let it sit about half and hour or so, then wipe off and rinse. Voila!

Answer

Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJune 10, 2010
woman cleaning the outside of a refrigerator
Cleaning the Outside of a Refrigerator
Ashtray Full of Cigarettes
Removing Nicotine Stains on Clothing
Old refrigerator with yellow stains.
Removing Yellow Stains on Appliances
Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 1:17:39 AM on 10.0.1.54 in 597 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.