Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Removing Nicotine Stains on the Exterior of a Refrigerator

0EmailPrintFollowSave

Can any one tell me how to remove nicotine stains from the exterior of a refrigerator/freezer? What products can I purchase for the job? Please.

By Patricia from England

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By metroplex 82 416 06/11/2010 Flag

I don't have any proof, but I'm a big believer in 409.
I have used it on plastic kitchen cabinets and you wouldn't believe what came off of them.

Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joyce Lambert 31 146 06/13/2010 Flag

Try magic erasers. I buy mine at Dollar General, they are very good at removing a lot of tough grime and stains. They remove my husbands "mechanic grease" from our ref door, so the nicotine should come off fairly easy. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By S Durgeloh 7 25 06/13/2010 Flag

The best overall cleaning product I've found is purchased at Home Depot (maybe other places also). Sorry I cannot remember the whole name (I've run out so can't look at the gallon container) but it's a product made by Zep. It is a degreaser and is a purple liquid. It is very concentrated so I put maybe 3-4 tablespoons in a spray bottle and fill the rest with water. I have used this on my fridge to remove smoke stains and had wonderful results.
Just be sure to clean from the bottom up, no streaks that way. Although a gallon seems like a lot, if you dilute it, it will last a year or so and it cleans anything, inside and out. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cheryl Warner 9 6 06/13/2010 Flag

409! We both smoke and have a wood stove, haven't found anything better!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By annie2@rochester.rr.com 1 10/22/2011 Flag

I use a paste of Softscrub and OxyClean. Mix it up in a bowl about 3:1 and let it sit while the OxyClean dissolves. I use one of those Micro Cleaning Cloths - seems to work best. Scrub it in, let it sit about half and hour or so, then wipe off and rinse. Voila!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes