Recycled Painted Window

Instead of turning an old window into a decorative mirror, I decided to smudge up the glass with grey acrylic paint. I then finger painted "milk" bottles in each pane. This went well with my country kitchen/vintage decor.

By Tracy from Matheson, Ontario

Wow! Gorgeous! What a creative use of recycled materials. I love it!

Lovely result, did you use a resin over your items? It looks like they are set in well.[this comment is for the window display using broken glass and shotgun shells posted in July] it has been auto-achived to- Recycled window Sept.

The only thing I used on this window was acrylic paints. I finger-painted the milk bottles on backward, so when I flipped the window, the result is what you see here. I didn't add any resin or varnishes.

WOW how cool. This is what I always wanted to do and chicken out. Thank you for inspiring me. I am going to make one with a fall motif then clean the glass and do one for the holidays. Thank you for the idea. I like the milk bottles they look great!

I have been using old windows for a few crafts - here are a few images that I did with just putting some photos into the window panes - everyone loves :-)

That is a great idea love it!!!!!

Painted Window Panes
Crafts Using Old Windows
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsSeptember 30, 2009
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows