Browsing: Removing Hair from Brushes

Removing Hair From Hairbrushes

I'd like to know how to remove hair from hairbrushes with plastic bristles, like the kind used for blow-drying. I soak my brushes in a ammonia solution but getting all the hair off is tedious. Any suggestions?

Jeanne from Wisconsin

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

This is just a suggestion, please let us know if it works. How about taking a sharp pair of scissors and cutting through the hair going row by row?

And then save the hair for the birds to make their nests- put hair strands inside the orange mesh bag that onions come in and hang outside in the spring. Add the short pieces of sewing thread that are leftovers.

Put a knee-high or nylon over the brush push the tines though. Slip off to remove hair.

Just use a comb--use the teeth of the comb to "scratch" the brush all the way to the bottom and loosen the hair until it is high enough up on the brush bristles that you can just pull it oout with your fingerstips.

I soak my brushes in ammonia and water, too, in the bathroom sink. I just use a comb that I'm also cleaning at the time (!) and pass it thru the brush to get out the hair. Then pull the hair off the comb or brush with your hand. This can be done when they're not wet, too!

I just put them into the dishwasher & works for me!

I use my hair PICK & run it down through the rows of bristles. It works beautifully. Also, you can buy a crystal-like product at a beauty supply store that will take care of it, too. I have tried both & I prefer the PICK method & it's free!

i just use scissors and cut through the hair. Or i get a sharp knife

I use the little seam ripper gadgets that I use when sewing.

Cleaning Hair from a Brush
Removing Hair from Brushes
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousNovember 19, 2004
Wooden hairbrush on a black background.
Cleaning Hairbrushes
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 16, 2016 at 7:33:51 AM on 10.0.0.251 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.