Use Non Fat Dry Milk for Coffee Creamer

By Susan Wolfe 20 38

Coffee creamer that is actually good for you. Use non fat dry milk as coffee creamer. There is no need to pre-mix dry milk with water, just use it as is. You can use as much as you like, without the fat. Your coffee will taste just as good as coffee creamers that have questionable additives like high fructose corn syrup. Canned "no fat milk" is also good, but it is more expensive. If you're big on coffee, like me, this will also help keep off the pounds. Enjoy!

By suzyspinkmoon from Clinton, TN

Showing: Comments Sort

By mcw 80 1,750 Flag

Thanks for the great suggestion. I found a recipe on recipezaar.com which was the liquid version, mix non-fat dry milk with the water. Once it's mixed it has to be stored in the refrigerator and then has to be used within a short period of time.

I just perked up 4 cups of coffee and had to try it for myself. The non-fat dry milk powder dissolves very well in a hot cup of coffee.

My doctor doesn't want me to use the commercial coffee creamers because of the high fructose and palm kernel oil. It doesn't help my high cholesterol. Thanks again for your healthy suggestion!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 467 2,137 Flag

That is a great idea! I was watching the line at my local espresso shop yesterday while at a stop light, and noticed the sign that advertised "Almond Rocha Mocha for just 3.50!

This morning, I frothed up a two cupper, put in some cocoa powder, added some orgeat syrup, and whipped canned cream. The cost...about .35 and maybe .10 in electricity.

That means that for there one, I can have 9 at home. That's kind of a no brainer for me!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Powdered Milk
Using Powdered Milk
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesApril 21, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Creamer Bottles
Uses for Creamer Bottles
Powdered Milk
Using Powdered Milk
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2016 at 2:45:23 AM on 10.0.2.54 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings