Browsing: Using Powdered Milk

Use Non Fat Dry Milk for Coffee Creamer

Coffee creamer that is actually good for you. Use non fat dry milk as coffee creamer. There is no need to pre-mix dry milk with water, just use it as is. You can use as much as you like, without the fat. Your coffee will taste just as good as coffee creamers that have questionable additives like high fructose corn syrup. Canned "no fat milk" is also good, but it is more expensive. If you're big on coffee, like me, this will also help keep off the pounds. Enjoy!

By suzyspinkmoon from Clinton, TN

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Thanks for the great suggestion. I found a recipe on recipezaar.com which was the liquid version, mix non-fat dry milk with the water. Once it's mixed it has to be stored in the refrigerator and then has to be used within a short period of time.

I just perked up 4 cups of coffee and had to try it for myself. The non-fat dry milk powder dissolves very well in a hot cup of coffee.

My doctor doesn't want me to use the commercial coffee creamers because of the high fructose and palm kernel oil. It doesn't help my high cholesterol. Thanks again for your healthy suggestion!

That is a great idea! I was watching the line at my local espresso shop yesterday while at a stop light, and noticed the sign that advertised "Almond Rocha Mocha for just 3.50!

This morning, I frothed up a two cupper, put in some cocoa powder, added some orgeat syrup, and whipped canned cream. The cost...about .35 and maybe .10 in electricity.

That means that for there one, I can have 9 at home. That's kind of a no brainer for me!

Powdered Milk
Using Powdered Milk
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesApril 21, 2009
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Almond Milk
Using Almond Milk
Creamer Bottles
Uses for Creamer Bottles
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 7:14:46 PM on 10.0.2.198 in 991 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.