White Dry Clean Only Coat

How to I clean a white coat that is dry clean only. The coat is 100% cotton with some satin trim, but the lining is 100% acetate. I have had it cleaned once and it came back yellow. I am interested in whitening it if possible.

K. Larry from Arlington, TX

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

At this point, what have you got to lose? Go ahead and wash and bleach it. I'm not sure it won't be damaged but it doesn't sound wearable as it is. 2nd choice is to dye it a dark color.

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingApril 12, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
A homemade dog coat.
Making a Dog Coat
Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home, Row of Dry Cleaned Shirts
Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home
A stack of Mexican blankets.
Making a Coat Out of a Blanket
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:12:30 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.