Freezing Pistachio Nuts

Can you freeze pistachio nuts?

Hannah from St. Pete, FL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Absolutely, I do it all the time. The stilltasty.com website is very useful for this kind of information-- just type a food name into the search box and it'll tell you how long it will stay good, how you should prepare it for freezing, etc.

Here's the information for freezing pistachios:

http://www.stilltasty.com/fooditems/index/18013

Ditto what Jean said. It also keeps them from going rancid if you can't use them right away. I find it does change the texture a bit...I suppose depending on the type of nut, how long it was frozen and how well it was wrapped before freezing.

If I am using the nuts in baked goods etc I usually toast them a bit on a cookie sheet or carefully in a skillet on top of the stove to remove some moisture and crisp them up a bit and it also helps bring out the flavor too.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Cracked Pistachio Nuts
Freezing Pistachio Nuts
Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceFebruary 16, 2009
Pistachio Pudding
Pistachio Pudding Dessert Recipes
A pile of shelled pine nuts
Recipes Using Pine Nuts
Freezing Artichokes, Storing Artichokes, Canning Artichokes
Freezing Artichokes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 24, 2016 at 12:04:19 AM on 10.0.2.124 in 679 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.