Make Your Carpet Last Longer
Here are some tips to help you get more life out of your carpet.
- Rearrange Your Furniture: It is good to move your furniture from time to time to change the traffic pattern in your house. Your carpet is worn down faster where people walk.
- Vacuum Regularly: Dirt helps wear down the fibers in your carpet. Vacuum regularly and place a welcome mat at your home's entrances. Also consider a "no shoes" policy. High traffic areas can often use vacuuming once a day while low traffic areas can be vacuumed a couple of times a week.
- Area Rugs: Depending on how your house is laid out you may have some areas that will have high traffic regardless of how your furniture is arranged. Consider a area rugs in these locations.
- Don't Let Dirt In: Keep the walk ways leading to your house clean. This will cut down on the amount of dirt that is tracked into your house.
- Shampoo Rugs: Shampoo rugs at least once a year. Consult your manufacturers specifications for what type of cleaning equipment and/or
detergents are appropriate for your type of carpet.
- Spill Awareness: Treat spills quickly for the best chance of avoiding a stain. If you have kids, make sure they know that they need to tell you about spills immediately so they do not have time to set.
- Snip Loose Threads: To remove a loose thread that sticks up above the fibre use scissors to snip it instead of pulling on it which can pull out more than just the thread.
- Designate Eating Areas: Many spills can introduce oils into your carpet which attract dirt and help lead to a dingy looking carpet. The less you eat in carpeted areas the better your chances are of avoiding these types of spills.
The cleaner you can keep your carpet the longer it will last. Hopefully these tips help you get more life out of your carpet.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 16, 2017 at 3:32:55 AM on 10.0.1.203 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us