Making Your Broom Last Longer

Making any cleaning tool last longer can save you money. This is a guide about making your broom last longer.

You can get more life out of your broom by occasionally snipping the dirty tips off with scissors.

By Lisa T.

Answers

Best Answer

I gave my broom a "haircut" this week. I cut the frayed and dirty ends off and found that it looks and works like a new broom. I did not know that this was posted here but am glad that I am not alone in trying to be frugal.

By Jennifer B (Guest Post)

Another idea that I got years ago from an old "Hints From Heloise" book, was to wash my broom, plus clean the bathtub at the same time! Use whatever cleaning products you want in your tub, and scrub and rinse with your broom--no more aching backs, and two chores done at once!

Anonymous

Another way to make a broom last longer is to store handle side down.

jeangnome46

Another good tip a friend told me years ago for keeping your new straw broom in great shape longer- as you sweep,every few passes flip your broom around so you sweep with both sides as equally as possible.Don't put it away standing with bristles on the floor,it curves the bristles...stand it with bristles up or hang it up if you can.