Repairing a Hole in Carpet

Category Floors
This is a page about repairing a hole in new carpet. Carpet is an expensive investment. Repairing damage properly will help it last longer.

How do I repair a hole in my (less than 4 month old) carpet? My dog tore the fibers out. I have the fibers, but do not know what type of glue to use that would not make a tacky mess.

Answers

The carpet people were supposed to leave you with leftover pieces so you can make future repairs.
Cut a small square out with a boxcutter and glue down a replacement piece with carpet glue. Be sure the fibers are going in the same direction.

Maybe you can call them and see if they have pieces of this.

Burn holes in your carpet can be really unsightly. Depending on the size of the hole, there are options to repair the hole without replacing the carpet. This is a page about repairing a burn hole in carpet.

Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsJanuary 12, 2016
🎃