Buying Anime

My Daughter lives up by North Bay and has asked me to find a anime comic or magazine she can subscribe to, as her daughter is now into anime. It is a japenese comic that is quite popular with the teens and preteens.

Thank you so much,
Gramma Sue from Hamilton, Ont

Animerica, Beckett Anime and Manga, Anime Insider, NewType, Shonen Jump...

I know Shonen Jump is a book that has several different Manga's in it. (Manga is like Anime, only in comic book form. Anime is like on TV or DVD.) Each little book has a new chapter of each manga that is in it.

I believe all the others are magazines that discuss new anime, reviews of anime, video games of anime, and all that sort of stuff.

Just PLEASE make sure that you look up the age appropriateness of each magazine. Anime is a very iffy field for a child to get into. I was once huge into it, and still am a fan, but have seen a lot of stuff in anime that I should not have. Even the cutest of anime that seems like it would be aimed only at very young girls has sexual innuendos and such in them. Just be careful. A lot of anime is changed when brought into the US because they are so wild and innapropriate, but that doesn't prevent every nasty thing from getting out to young people.

For example, the first anime I fell in love with at about age 11 or 12, was Sailor Moon. It's a very good anime that can have lessons very appropriate for young girls and still be SO MUCH FUN to watch, but in some of the later episodes, some new characters are introduced that turn out to be lesbians. I don't think it shows anything in the American version, so young girls would never have a clue, but if she were to like one of these newer characters like I did as her favorite, and seach for them on the internet to get information like I did, she will find out things she should not as a young girl.

I know this is long, and I apologize. I just can't stress how careful you need to be.

I got my 14 yr old Granddaughter a subscription to ShoJo Beat for her birthday. That way she get the magazine each month. I think it cost about $25. It's in a comic book format and the young girls love it. It is 5.99 an issue if you buy it at the book store. I bought one issue and wrapped it up with a card announcing the subscription. She loved it. Hope this helps. There's a lot of Anime books, DVDs, etc out there but my 17 yr old Grandson is into them and I don't know that I would get that for a young girl.

Consumer Advice Product FinderDecember 8, 2006
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Buying an eBook Reader, Someone using an eBook reader.
Buying an eBook Reader
used car dealership
Buying a Used Car
Black laptop on a white background.
Buying a Laptop
🎉
🎄