How To Convert Dry Macaroni Measurements

By jo brown 13 12

Does anyone have a conversion chart for dry macaroni just how many cups is 8 oz.?

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Most containers will give the approximate number of servings, as well as the number of servings in the container. Say the size of the box is 16 oz. and the number of servings is 8,with serving size being 1/2 cup. With this you can figure the results you need. In this case, 16 oz. (total weight);8 servings per container; 1/2 cup per serving. So, if there is 8 servings in 16 oz. then 2 oz. is a serving, and 2 oz. equils 1/2 cup. This means that there are 4 cups in l6 oz. so 8 oz. would be 2 cups.

I hope I have made this clear (I have taken these number amounts from my box of elbow macaroni. so I feel it is pretty accurate.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I think I wrote it wrong. I would like to know how many cups of dry macaroni is 8oz, 16oz, ect. I buy large boxes of pasta and recipes calls for 7 or 8 oz of macaroni.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marge Mayhew 3 149 Flag

I got out my small scale and box of elbow macaroni. According to my scale 8 oz of macaroni is 1 3/4 cups.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Deborah Jones 63 Flag

You may want to buy a small kitchen scale. There is no conversion for weight to volume. 1 cup of elbow macaroni might weigh 8 oz, but depending on the size and shape, the weight/volume ratio will change.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

The answer is: 1 3/4 cups of dry elbow macaroni = 8oz.

I have this same problem with a macaroni recipe that calls for 8oz of elbow mac. and I always have a 16 or 32 oz box. I figured this out by measuring a whole 16oz box, then dividing that measurement by half - the real trick was to write it down so I could remember the next time!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Uncooked Macaroni
Converting Dry Macaroni Measurements
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food InfoSeptember 9, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Macaroni Salad With Chopped Peppers on Top
Macaroni Salad Recipes
Chicken Macaroni Salad
Chicken Macaroni Casserole Recipes
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Uncooked Macaroni
Converting Dry Macaroni Measurements
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 10, 2016 at 5:03:56 AM on 10.0.2.64 in 849 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings