Plastic Bag of Wet Pottery Clay Caused Formica Countertop to Bubble Up

I left my pottery clay in a kitchen trash bag on the kitchen counter made of Formica type surface (remember I am in Germany). It caused the counter surface to make tiny bubbles. I am a renter so this is a costly error, can anyone help me?
Thanks so much.

By Bushy from Stuttgart, Germany

The formica is glued on. Where the bubbles are, the glue is no longer adhering to the formica. You should be able to solve the problem with heat and a heavy, flat object to weigh it down.

First you can try using a blow dryer to heat (but not scorch) the area, then while it is still hot, lay the weight on top for several hours. If that doesn't work, you can iron the area through a towel to heat it up, then put the weight on.

Thanks so much Fortunately. The bubbles have gone done but now I have a discoloration in the shape of the bag...all thoughts there? Thanks, B.

Man repairing kitchen countertops.
Repairing Bubbles in Formica Countertop
Home and Garden Repair Home KitchenAugust 16, 2010
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
painted formica countertops
Painting a Formica Countertop
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
🎉
🎄