Fixing a Corningware 9 cup Stovetop Percolator

By Kelly 20 512

I have a Corningware 9 cup Stovetop Percolator AND I love it. The problem is that the seal around the metal rim is corroded, so when I pour a cup of coffee, some goes in and leaks out down the outside of the pot. I have left an e-mail with Corningware and posted a question on howtomendit.com. Does anyone know of a way to mend this without chemicals (like silicone sealant)? My DH would like my skin to not turn green!

I spent $4 and much time looking for this, so any amount of money and time is fine by me. I love it so much more than the coffee machine!

Kelly from Willamina, OR

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

There was a recall on these pots years ago and they highly recommend not using them. They said there was a problem with the handle-whatever- which could cause burns damage or something like that. I have not gotten rid of mine as I still use it when our electric goes off, but they told me not to use it anymore.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Holly 367 1,263 Flag

Check for replacement parts on ebay.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Petricia 1 Flag

I have a new never used 9 cup perculator from corningware, If anyone would like to purchase it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have a new recalled 9 cup stovetop percolator I would like to sell it for parts only, it is complete and new with instruction book

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

wacky wherehouse @ ma c . co m

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Good luck with your coffee pot. I have an electric 9 cup that leaks near the handle as well. This is common for these pots as far as I know. There was a recall because the handle would suddenly fall apart and caused some injuries. I have used my corning ware coffee pot for over 20 years after I found it in the back under my mothers cabinet. She put it away when she bought a Mr. coffee back in the 70's. I'll keep using this pot leak and all for many more years.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Karen Minnear 1 Flag

I am not sure how to fix the problem, I have one I found several years ago and use it all the time. I found a copy of the recall and it pertains to the electric pots. Mine is electric and have the same problem. When the handle goes I will find a way to use it any way. I would like one for the stove top or another electric. Love it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By karmeea a. 1 Flag

I have a corningware stove top 9 cup coffee pot white blue corn flower and I need either the inside set or the

Filter Basket Lid ( flat lid Top for coffee grinds holder)

does anyone know in central NJ where I can find or does someone have one to sell ?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Repair Home KitchenJuly 28, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
rid dye
Dyeing Clothes on the Stovetop
Percolator Filter
Finding Replacement Percolator Parts
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 6:27:37 PM on 10.0.0.179 in 851 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings