Fixing a Corningware 9 cup Stovetop Percolator

I have a Corningware 9 cup Stovetop Percolator AND I love it. The problem is that the seal around the metal rim is corroded, so when I pour a cup of coffee, some goes in and leaks out down the outside of the pot. I have left an e-mail with Corningware and posted a question on howtomendit.com. Does anyone know of a way to mend this without chemicals (like silicone sealant)? My DH would like my skin to not turn green!

I spent $4 and much time looking for this, so any amount of money and time is fine by me. I love it so much more than the coffee machine!

Kelly from Willamina, OR

There was a recall on these pots years ago and they highly recommend not using them. They said there was a problem with the handle-whatever- which could cause burns damage or something like that. I have not gotten rid of mine as I still use it when our electric goes off, but they told me not to use it anymore.

Best Answer

My E-1210 just did the separation thing this morning, but I was prepared for it...lifting the pot with a potholder from the bottom prevented the usual disaster. I'm sort of glad it did, because now I can see exactly what's going on with the epoxy bond...and yes, it's drying out/shrinkage of the epoxy that causes this to happen. There is no fix for it, and the USPSC recalled them ALL back in the '70s. It sure makes a great cup of coffee, but I'm not going to fill the stainless with epoxy and wait for it to fall apart. Remember, epoxy a new "miracle glue" back in 1958 when these were designed, and its shortcomings were unknown then. I suppose I could pour epoxy into the ring and set the pot in it to cure for a week or so, but I'd never use it for coffee ever again. So now, I'm using my 1950s Pyrex perker, it makes coffee just as well, and uses natgas instead of more expensive electric power. I'm good.

Check for replacement parts on ebay.

I have a new never used 9 cup perculator from corningware, If anyone would like to purchase it.

I only need the percolator glass lid.How much delivered to my address in South Africa.The town is Stellenbosch in the western Cape?

still have it? much?

Hi

do you still have this? How much?

I have a new recalled 9 cup stovetop percolator I would like to sell it for parts only, it is complete and new with instruction book

wacky wherehouse @ ma c . co m

Good luck with your coffee pot. I have an electric 9 cup that leaks near the handle as well. This is common for these pots as far as I know. There was a recall because the handle would suddenly fall apart and caused some injuries. I have used my corning ware coffee pot for over 20 years after I found it in the back under my mothers cabinet. She put it away when she bought a Mr. coffee back in the 70's. I'll keep using this pot leak and all for many more years.

I am not sure how to fix the problem, I have one I found several years ago and use it all the time. I found a copy of the recall and it pertains to the electric pots. Mine is electric and have the same problem. When the handle goes I will find a way to use it any way. I would like one for the stove top or another electric. Love it!

I have a corningware stove top 9 cup coffee pot white blue corn flower and I need either the inside set or the

Filter Basket Lid ( flat lid Top for coffee grinds holder)

does anyone know in central NJ where I can find or does someone have one to sell ?

There is no strainer lid for the coffee basket on some models. Fo some the coffee basket fastens to the lid with a 1/4 turn and then you drop the whole thing into the pot. Again there is no basket lid on some models.

Home and Garden Repair Home KitchenJuly 28, 2006
rid dye
Dyeing Clothes on the Stovetop
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Percolator Filter
Finding Replacement Percolator Parts
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
🎉
🎄