Candle Wax on Tile

How can I clean candle wax off tiles?

By Nicola from Surry

Answers

August 15, 2010 Flag

Could someone please tell me how to remove candle wax from a tile floor?

Carol from RSA

Answers:

Candle Wax on Tile

Put an old towel on top of the wax and use your iron to melt it. The towel will soak it up. Throw the wax laden towel away. (10/22/2007)

By Floyd

Candle Wax on Tile

Get a Ziploc bag and fill with lots ice, lay it on the area until it freezes or gets really cold, then you can use a blunt blade putty knife or the edge of a metal spatula to bring it up, then just lightly scrub the area with soap water and a scrubbie. (10/22/2007)

By theseamstress

Candle Wax on Tile

You cannot afford to throw away the used towel every time you use the towel to remove the wax from the tiles.

If the temperature of the tiles is allowed to increase, the wax will come out. But how to heat the tiles? If one uses sand paper and rubs the area pretty fast, it will come out. Otherwise pour some hot water over that area and immediately scrub the area lightly with a blade without using force so that the wax gets removed without making any indelible scratch marks on the tiles. (10/22/2007)

By V.Subramanian

Candle Wax on Tile

Scrape it off with a one sided blade. (10/24/2007)

By Rae

Candle Wax on Tile

You can also heat it up with a blow dryer and then scrape it up with a credit card (10/24/2007)

By kimmcg

Candle Wax on Tile

I have used paper grocery sacks and an iron to heat and absorb the wax from carpets. I would think this would also work for tile, just go slowly and when the section of the sack you are using has become saturated just move to the next clean area of paper until done. Clean normally afterwards. (10/29/2007)

By Trisch

Candle Wax on Tile

I finally decided to go on my knees and scrape the wax off with an old credit card. Then I washed the floor with Builder's Tile Cleaner. Amazing! (05/06/2008)

By gurth

Candle Wax on Tile

The most effective, gentlest way is the iron and towel method. One needn't even melt the wax. Softening it with the heat is enough to remove it with a towel. This is also the only way I was able to remove wax from grout. (09/04/2009)

By helpclean

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsAugust 15, 2010
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Installing Vinyl Tile Over Old Linoleum Tile
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Installing Tile
Installing Tile
🎉
🎄