Cleaning a Foam Cushion

I have a cloth sofa with removable covers. I had a toddler over that had a potty accident on the sofa. I have removed the cover and cleaned it but it think the foam cushion is damaged also. My question is, how do I clean the foam or can I replace it at a reasonable price?

Erin from Lansing, MI

yes you can replace or use urine be gone it works great and neutralizes the odor.

You could also try sprinkling the cushion with bicarbonate of soda (baking soda). Leave for half an hour and vacuum. I did this on a carpet where one of my cats did a Number Two and it worked beautifully; no smell and stains afterwards.

Good Luck!

I have found foam tha can be cut to your sizes needed at Jo-Ann's fabrics..(and no I don't work at one..I've purchased one there) and then if it is too big and needs a little trimming..use electric knife to like a charm....hope this helps,deb

In our area JoAnne fabric has foam for sale, they have up to 5 inch thick foam. It can go on sale or use a coupon from the ad.

I hope you can get the smell out.

I would wash it in the bathtub with a little detergent, rinse well and dry it out in the sun.

older couch
Removing Odors from a Couch
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJuly 21, 2007
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
Crocheted Wrist Pin Cushion
Making a Crocheted Wrist Pin Cushion
Packing Materials
Reusing Packing Materials
Earbuds Missing Foam Covers
Replacing Foam Earbud Covers