Using an Egg Substitute

I need to know what changes to make when using the egg replacer. I used a regular cake mix and subbed the egg. The cake looked good but was gooey when you ate it. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

My husband has high cholesterol, so I always use egg beaters. Just make sure you accurately measure 1/4 cup per egg in the recipe.

I also omit the oils in a lot baking recipes. Like brownies, just add water and the egg beaters and the brownies come out soft and chewy.

No one will ever know they are good for them. When using the 1/4 cup to 1 egg rule, you should see no difference in the outcome of the recipe. Just better health results!

Liquid eggs in a bowl
Using an Egg Substitute
Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsNovember 5, 2008
buttermilk substitute in a bowl
Substitute for Buttermilk in Recipes
spoon with drizzling agave syrup
Using Agave Nectar
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
Egg Salad
Making Egg Salad