Using an Egg Substitute

I need to know what changes to make when using the egg replacer. I used a regular cake mix and subbed the egg. The cake looked good but was gooey when you ate it. Any suggestions?

Dianne

Answers

Best Answer

My husband has high cholesterol, so I always use egg beaters. Just make sure you accurately measure 1/4 cup per egg in the recipe.

I also omit the oils in a lot baking recipes. Like brownies, just add water and the egg beaters and the brownies come out soft and chewy.

No one will ever know they are good for them. When using the 1/4 cup to 1 egg rule, you should see no difference in the outcome of the recipe. Just better health results!