11th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls

Category Birthday
A birthday cake with the number 11 on it.
Tween birthday parties can be difficult to plan, they are getting too old for children's parties and are still not ready to move up to teen party activities. This is a guide about 11th birthday party ideas for girls.

My 10 year old daughter is turning 11 in a week and I need some ideas for a party, but I don't want any baby games like pass the passle. Please help me.

By Imogen

Answer Was this helpful? 10
Best Answer

We are having a "murder mystery" dinner party for my daughters 11th! She's very excited and we ordered the game online. Acting, clue finding, and yummy food! Good luck!

Best Answer

Hello Imogene and Happy Birthday to your daughter. At that preteen, 10, 11, 12 age a lot of girls are more into "activities" than " contest type games". Is your daughter at that point?

If so, set up a scrap book table and take a photo of each girl as she arrives (make a print out), then have each of them make a scrapbook page for the birthday girl (of course the birthday girl gets to make the cover with her own picture.) Create a scavenger hunt themed around one of your daughter's favorite pop stars, video games, hobbies, etc. Set up a pizza or taco or cupcake bar and let them all make their own snacks. (Just a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing, go with what you know she enjoys.)

As Lilac said, ask your girl what she would like and just take your cues from there and keep it flexible. And for a fail-safe backup, make sure you rent a very recent, popular for the age group, DVD release or two for the girls to watch together!

Hope it's a great day for all! Enjoy.

Best Answer

I am doing a SPA party for my 10 yr old, making our own facials, scrubs, glitter lotion, and gel, (make enough so they can take home for party favors). Also going to do a "spin the bottle" type game to pick out the colors for their finger and toe nails. Hope this gives you a good idea!

Best Answer

I have quite a few ideas parties , some are cheap, some are a bit more expensive. Some cheaper parties.

*Sleepover- invite a few friends, watch some movies, eat chocolate and sweets etc. Also to make it more exciting sleep in a tent on the back garden

*Fancy Dress- Tell all your friends to come fancy dress either have a theme or just make it exciting, play a couple of games like truth or dare etc.

*Pinata- Just Get a pinata and each have a couple of wacks at it, always a winner!

*Shopping- Go to a shopping center or something, all kids will obliviously pay for the stuff they buy but its a good glamorous way.

*Makeover- Each guest brings some make up,face paint etc. Have fun and do each others make overs..wacky or nice

More Expensive Ideas-

* Paint balling- have a fun blast at paint balling, beware it does hurt (;

*Laser Questing- Kind of like paint balling but without the pain, exciting idea.

*Bowling- not that expensive but does cost a bit of money, depending on how many people are there you could split them up into different teams and have a tournament

*Photo shoot- hire a photographer and studio and go have fun getting hair and make up done by professionals and have some photos taken with your friends.

For more good ideas, just ask! :) x

Best Answer

Hey Imogen -

My daughter's eleventh birthday is coming up, and I have only one planned activity for her sleepover. The group will be divided into pairs of two, and each pair will be assigned to a table. On each table will be three random props (e.g. a bottle of whipped cream, vampire teeth, and a fake microphone). The challenge is to make a wacky skit using ALL of the props, and then performing the skits in front of everyone else. We will videotape these.

Apart from that one activity, the girls will just do whatever they please (e.g. truth or dare). This will entertain the girls more than being on a rigid schedule.

They'll come for dinner, and then breakfast the next morning.

I hope this helps!

Best Answer

Hi,

no scheduled activities at all, is usually a pretty good idea, but if you want some, maybe charades with really weird subjects, eg. catching butterflies with a tablecloth.

I hope this helps you!

My daughter's 11th birthday is in a little more than a week, and I have no clue what to do for her party. She would like to have as many girls as she could over, but I have a small house. I would also like to keep the party at home, not at a party place.

She would like to have a girly party, but not with the makeovers, etc. Her original plan was to have a murder mystery party, but that was put away do to the fact of murder being violent (any ideas on how to make that better?). Then, she thought of a movie theater party, to no avail. Please, if you have any 11th birthday party ideas for girls, let me know.
Thanks for your time.

By Jinger from NY

Answer Was this helpful? 2
Best Answer

You didn't say if it was for a girl or boy but my daughter turns 11 in Feb 2011 and we are taking about 10 of the girls to a craft workshop for the afternoon and then on to eat somewhere. My daughter is a mad keen crafter. Try to find something that your birthday kid has a passion for and go with that. Indoor rock-climbing. 10 pin bowling and a disco party were our last three.

Best Answer

If she's set on the mystery party, maybe you could do a "who stole the party favors?" or something less violent like that. You could also do some kind of craft or cooking activity - kids that age love to make stuff, and the more grown-up and real, the better. You can find kits for making soap or candles at craft stores, or you can find more ideas online. Good luck.

Best Answer

I just did a spa sleepover for my daughters birthday this past September. The girls came at 5, we had healthy snacks, did mani/pedis and make your own mini pizzas for dinner. After dinner, I put on relaxing spa music and they all got into their PJ's for facials (homemade recipe), cucumbers over their eyes and guided meditation, they nearly fell asleep! We made soap and lip gloss and then had a spa themed cake (girl with a facial mask and cucumbers over her eyes, turby twist towel on her head!). After cake I let them do mad libs and their own games for a while. They watched a movie and played with our bunny till who knows when! Not much sleeping, but they had a blast! I gave them each a goodie "bag" (makeup purse) with a washcloth, nail polish, headband, toothbrush and toothpaste when they arrived so they had all they needed. Exhausting, but totally worth it!

My daughter is having her birthday party in two weeks and she is having about six people, but we have no ideas. Her birthday is in December and it can not be too expensive. She is not a tomboy, but she is kinda girly. Somebody please help me!

By Mom 05

Answer Was this helpful? 3
Best Answer

You should go to a craft store and find the beads and thread you think she'll like then get a lot of chocolate and crisps pull out all you're games and hand over the TV remote. Overall just let them enjoy themselves

Best Answer

If you live in Ontario Canada consider going to a place called the great wolf lodge. If not find your nearest local indoor water and hotel.

My daughters birthday is in 2 weeks and I have no plans what so ever! I need some ideas ASAP!

By Kelly P.

Answer Was this helpful? 3
Best Answer

Go camping! It will be great fun especially if your daughter is an outdoor kid. Have some friends tag along. Have a campfire and tell scary stories (but remember to leave them alone for some time. Tweens like to be by there selves and just talk with there friends) let them stay up late. The next mourning go swimming. Get some ice cream. Trust me. It will me fun.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Ask you daughter what's she wants to do. If you are feeling a bit uncomfortable with an idea, try to change it around a little, but remember it's your daughter's birthday, not yours

My daughter wants a food fight party, but I don't want her to have one. She also wants boys what should I do?

By R.K

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

How about incorporating a food fight into the party with some non-messy food item like popcorn? I bet that could be really fun. Send them outside. Count off the kids 1,2,1,2, put the 1's on one side and the 2's on the other and put a line in between them. Put on some music, have a couple of buckets of popcorn for each side, and they could either use their hands or those little dixie cups to scoop the popcorn, run to the line and throw it at each other. NO touching allowed, then you will be OUT and sitting on the sidelines! the first team to empty their bucket of popcorn wins!

If you can't do it outside because it is too windy or rainy, do it inside but then put on some music and the first team to clean up their area of the room (their side of the line) wins! Have prizes like, yummy popcorn balls, for all the winners.

Other food ideas - croutons or stuffing mix; water crackers, cereal; I'm sure there are others.

If it's hot and outside you could finish up by having a kool-aid, or "bug juice" fight where you fill those buckets with inexpensive drink mix and again use those little dixie cups (bathroom size) to scoop and toss the liquid at each other. Again, use tape or something to make a line they can't cross or they are OUT. Or you could make square boxes with tape on the grass that they have to stand in. Close enough so they can get really get each other with the food but not so close that they can touch each other.

Your daughter has an excitement for a fun social activity with friends! help her make that come true for her in a way that is fun but safe for everyone (as opposed to a wrestling food fight where everyone is smearing food upon each others bodies which I suspect is what she might have in mind and what you don't want to happen!)

You could also set up other food-related activities that would be fun, like setting up an ice cream sundae bar with all sorts of different toppings, or having them make pizzas. Give prizes for best looking, neatest, messiest, most colorful, most decadent, healthiest, etc. Prizes can be little bars of candy like what is handed out for Halloween. More important is not the winning and the prize, but being recognized for your creation.

It's my daughter's birthday; she will be 11 on 31st of January. I want some ideas, but not that expensive. She is a tomboy. Please help.

By Rawail from Karachi

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

I have three ideas.

1. Take her two a local school gym and play dodge ball or a sport she loves. Winners get points. At the end of the party the team with most points get a prize.

2. Go sledding. Its a great way to exersize and its super fun. Afterward take them to your house to watch a movie eat pizza, dessert and just to relax.

3.Do a scavenger hunt. Hind clues all over the house. At the end theres a prize like tickets too a theater or a bunch of candy. If you want to get really expensive mabey cocert tickets or tickets to a sporting event.

Hope you like it. I turned 11 two years ago so I know a little something.

My daughter is turning eleven and she is tricky. She never tells me what she wants. Please give me some ideas.

By Litha

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

You could have a baking party put them into groups and set them something to make or a spa party? You can book somewhere or make it up. Pool party? A local pool or get a hotel room its fun either way. Zoo and ice skating are also fun. Hope this helped.

I need ideas for a girl's 11th birthday party. The girls coming are into fashion and really girly stuff, so can you please help me? I'm running out of time. Also, what are some good cake recipes for this birthday?

By Jessie J.

Answer Was this helpful? 3
Best Answer

What I did was that I had a party full of adventure. We had a treasure hunt and we did tons of games. If you want a recipe then order this book : 100 things to cook for an 11 year old girl party. I hope this answered your question.

My 10 year old is turning 11 in a week and I don't now what too do. She is 98% tomboy and loves Harry Potter. She also loves spas and relaxing. I have no idea what do do can you help me?

Best Answer

You could have a Harry Potter party. You could rent the movie, and then have a manicure party. Each guest could take home a bottle of nail polish as a favor.

Best Answer

I can tell you the best party I had as a child was at that age. My mom took me and 10 or more of my friends out on a nature outing. It didn't cost very much and 2 other sets of parents came along. We climbed trees, swam in the stream, etc. I wasn't particularly a tomboy but I definitely was not a 'girly girl', so it was definitely a good fit.

If it is in the wintertime, the nature outing can also happen. If the budget allows, maybe an outing to an ice skating or cross country skiing outing. Ice skating is probably more affordable.

As for Harry Potter, even though I don't have experience with LARPing, maybe attempt a role playing themed party?

My daughter is turning 11 in a week and I would like to do something cheap, but I really want the party to be special for her. What should I do? She is a bit of a tomboy, she also likes girly stuff, but she really hates spas!

By Julie

Best Answer

I think your daughter should have a camp out in your backyard and let them stay up late. In the morning you should take them to a beach and get ice creams.

Best Answer

You should have a costume party, let the girls come as whatever they want so its not to girly or boyish.

My daughter is having her birthday. She is turning 11 next week. She is having some friends over for a sleepover, but we don't have any activities. Please give us some ideas. Thank you.

By mom101

Best Answer

For a sleepover party you could do a lot of fun activities here are some ideas:

1. Make up in the dark; turn out lights or put on blindfold and try to apply makeup to your partner.

2. If they have straight hair you could put their hair in curlers overnight.

3. For party favors if you don't have any you could give them out before they go to bed and it could include a sleeping mask, fluffy socks, and other night time things or things to do with the activities you did.

Best Answer

I think you should do a scavenger hunt and maybe have some friends over and camp in your back yard. In the morning you could go to a pool or beach and get an ice cream.

My daughter is turning 11 soon and I need a party idea. She is not particularly girly girl, but also not a tomboy. She wants something out of the house, but maybe coming back after and not too expensive.There would be 16 people if there are boys and 9 if not. She thinks that Battle Zone is too popular, as well as, Wet n' Wild. Any ideas?

Best Answer

I remember my first co-ed party was when I was 10 years old and it was SO fun because we played games that were not only targeted at girls with dolls and girly-crafts, but little games that had didn't even need to end in winning prizes. Here is a fun list of games they can try either at the home or at a nearby park:

http://www.birt … in-it-games.html

My daughter's birthday is on the 24th of May and she is going to be 11. She is 50% girly and 50% tomboy. She wants a party and then to have her friends come back to the house and have a sleepover, but doesn't want something to expensive. She wants something like a pamper party or makeovers or something like that. Please help and fast?

Best Answer

You could have a mani-pedi party. Buy nail products at the dollar store. Try to get some friends to help you. Glitter polishes are a hit with this group. The girls can take the polishes, nail files and toe separators home as favors.

We want to do a sleepover spectacular for an 11th birthday, but I don't know what to do or who to invite or how many to invite. She is 95% tomboy and 5% girly.

Best Answer

We had a neon party for my daughter and had everyone wear bright neon colors. I borrowed the neon light from friend you would be surprised how many ppl have them. Then I just got glow sticks and we played games and had finger foods and a disco light was also a big him

My daughter is turning 11 and she doesn't want her party at home. She is a big girly girl so if you have any ideas I need them ASAP.

Best Answer

Well for my daughter she is 10 turning 11 and she really wanted to do a cupcake wars themed birthday party. There are two teams each team gets 10 or 15 dollars we go to store and give them 15 minutes to buy what they need for baking then go home and have one and a half hours to bake cupcakes and have judges

My daughter's birthday is coming up next month. She wants to invite around 11 girls for her party, and she wants it to be really memorable. At first, she wanted a spa party. Then she changed it to a costume party. But where could I get a place to host a costume party? It can't be at my house, it's way too small to host 11 girls. What should I do?

Best Answer

Why not check local restaurants to see if they have a small separate room available? I'm not sure what your budget is, but most businesses in my area are happy to have people order food and don't charge extra for the room. Another option might be to check with a nearby church to see if you could use their basement for a few hours?

My daughter is turning 11 and I have no idea what birthday party she could have? It's hard to think of a great birthday party because she is a almost a teenager and very picky on what party she wants? Please help me.

Best Answer

I totally agree with Judy, especially because your daughter is picky. Making her choose from a limited list is great. Give her options like picnic with bbq, bowling, swimming where everyone is together.

Load More